Welcome to our new Citrix community!

[SOLVED] Unable to login due to Automatic power off Citrix Xen App and Desktop 7 2003

Question

Hi,

Im stucked on a strange issue related with the login and power of the Virtual Desktops.

Basically:

- the user can log into the storefront by web or by thin client

- He can launch the assigned desktop

- The desktop windows opens by a few seconds

- Automaticaly the window closes itself

- When I go to the Hypervisor I can see that the asigned desktop has being powered off  ¿¿¿???

So I repeated the proces again, storefront asigns another available desktop, however it happens the same (after login on the storefront opens the desktop and inmediatley it closes it and shuts down the asigned VM).

I have tried to reinstall VMware tools, rebuild the entire machine catalog, change the name of the machines, etc.

Also I have tried this:  Set-BrokerDesktopGroup -Name "Nameofthedeskopgroup" -ShutdownDesktopsAfterUSe $False

Nothing works... and I don't know what to do.

Pleas help!!!!

• Citrix xen app and desktops 7 v2003 on Win Servers 2019
  • vCenter - vSphere 6.5  Hypervisor
  • MCS
  • VDA pool - W10 Pro 64 bits

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

Hi

what happens when you log onto the VDI Desktop via the console rather than via StoreFront, using the same domain account? does i still power off?

What happens if you use a domain admin account or one that has no GPOs/login scripts etc applied to it?

Regards

Ken Z

8 hours ago, Ken Zygmunt said:

Hi

what happens when you log onto the VDI Desktop via the console rather than via StoreFront, using the same domain account? does i still power off?

What happens if you use a domain admin account or one that has no GPOs/login scripts etc applied to it?

Regards

Ken Z

thanks for the reply... 

I finally fixed it by downgrading Citrix VDA and delivery version from Citrix 7 2003 to 1912 LTSR.

1. So first I create a new Delivery server with Xenapp and desktop 7 1912 LTSR and a new database.
  2. Then I added it to the storefront (storefront, license and wem servers remains with the 2003).
  3. Then I have uninstalled VDA 2003 at the W10 master template and I have installed the VDA 1912 LTSR.
  4. Then I created a new machine catalog at the same OU and a new Delivery group with the same users
  5. After the desktops were created I tested them with the receiver and and it worked perfectly

Notice that the new W10 catalog machines were created at the same OU and the delivery group contain the same AD user group that didn't work previously, so it means that GPO or AD has nothing to be with this issue.

Also notice that W10 with the 2003 VDA has nearly 100% RAM use (no matter if I increase the total ammont) even in idle mode. However after unistalling the VDA 2003 the RAM consumption was correct, even after installing VDA 1912 LTSR the ram consumption was perfect. I have read a similar issue that was fixed by uninstalling vmwaretools SVGA driver (in my case I tested it with no luck), that may cause video memory allocation problems.

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/314805-machines-shut-down-on-login/

So in my conclusion there is some issues with the Citrix 7 2003 release ... I hope some day there will be a hotfix!