Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Optimizer - PowerShell Task

Jake Carter

Question

I am creating a custom template. I have a script to remove profiles that works outside of the optimizer and returns valid results (inside of the Optimizer and Outside of it).

However when I run the Optimizer with this task enabled I get the following error:

Failed to locate HTML report. This error usually means that Powershell engine had encountered Problems.

C:\Temp\Image_Seal\CtxOptimizerEngine.ps1 : <params /> element is invalid for current entry. Review the definition XML
file.
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,CtxOptimizerEngine.ps1

Here is my Code:

$profiles = $null

$profiles = Get-WMIObject -class Win32_UserProfile | Where {((!$_.Special) -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\Administrator") -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\CitrixTelemetryService") -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\UpdatusUser"))}

if ($profiles -ne $null) {
    $profiles | Remove-WmiObject
}

$profiles = Get-WMIObject -class Win32_UserProfile | Where {((!$_.Special) -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\Administrator") -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\CitrixTelemetryService") -and ($_.LocalPath -ne "C:\Users\UpdatusUser"))}
If ($profiles -eq $null){

$Global:CTXOE_Result = $True
$Global:CTXOE_Details ="Profiles Removed Successfully"
                }
Else{
$Global:CTXOE_Result = $False
$Global:CTXOE_Details ="Profile Removal Failed!"
    }

If I hit the run code button here is what is returned:

CTXOE_Result: True
CTXOE_Details: Profiles Removed Successfully

The Optimizer Version is 2.7.0.126

Maybe I am missing something as I did just start working with the PowerShell capabilities within the Optimizer just today.

Thanks!

Jake

1 answer to this question