Welcome to our new Citrix community!

disable screen sharing in MS Teams

Dipak Borole1709154955

Question

1 answer to this question

On 4/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dipak Borole1709154955 said:

Hello Experts, 

I need assistance on whether can I disable screen sharing to specific Citrix sessions. Means users login to Citrix URL and launch the VDI session. I would like to users can not share these Citrix windows during screen sharing. MS Team is desktop Application where users are using it. 

If the answer is yes then how can I achieve this?

On 4/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dipak Borole1709154955 said:

Hello Experts, 

I need assistance on whether can I disable screen sharing to specific Citrix sessions. Means users login to Citrix URL and launch the VDI session. I would like to users can not share these Citrix windows during screen sharing. MS Team is desktop Application where users are using it. 

If the answer is yes then how can I achieve this?

Hi,

I am not sure if you have gone through this or not. If not have a look in it how we can disable it via policies from Teams admin center.

Extracts from the link,

To change or create a meeting policy, go to the Microsoft Teams admin center > Meetings > Meeting policies. Select a policy from the list or select Add. If you're creating a new policy, add a name and description. The name can't contain special characters or be longer than 64 characters. Choose your settings, and then select Save.

For example, say you have a bunch of users and you want to limit the amount of bandwidth that their meeting would require. You would create a new custom policy named "Limited bandwidth" and disable the following settings:

Under Audio & video:

Turn off Allow cloud recording.

Turn off Allow IP video.

Under Content sharing:

Disable screen sharing mode.

Turn off Allow whiteboard.

Turn off Allow shared notes.

Then assign the policy to the users.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams

Regards,

Quaseem