Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Teams - Citrix HDX Not Connected.

blue_ken

Question

We have successfully got Teams to optimise when we have logged into Citrix from a Windows 10 computer, but I have logged into Citrix with 2 Windows 7 laptops I get Citrix HDX Not Connected. I have gone trough the below troubleshooting article. I can see that HTML5 Video Redirection WebSocket Service is running and I can see that it is listening on 127.0.0.1:9002.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX253754

When I run fiddler I can see that there is a connection to 127.0.0.1:9002 but Fiddler throws a ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes.

I have tried both Workspace 1912 and 2002 on my windows 7 device.

I have restarted the relevant services as described in the above article with no luck.         

There doesn't seem to be any errors in the event logs that is relevant.

From what I can see windows 7 should be supported.

The Citrix HDX Engine in CWA (wfica32.exe) is not running.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

4 answers to this question

Just in case anyone else comes across this. This was caused by the local audio driver. The audio device was using the Microsoft driver upgrading it to the Intel driver on the HP website resolved the issue. Disabling the affected audio devices worked as well.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX253754

Sun Mar 29 13:23:57 2020 =============================
Mar 29 13:23:57.232 webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Info: init. initializing...
Mar 29 13:23:57.520 webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Error: init. couldn't create audio module!

HdxTeams.exe supports only these specific audio device formats (channels, bit depth, and sample rate):

Playback Devices: {1 or 2 channels}, 16 bit, frequencies up to 96000 Hz (or equal)

Recording Devices: {1,2 or 4 channels}, 16 bit, frequencies up to 96000 Hz (or equal)

Even if one speaker or microphone does not match the expected settings, device enumeration in Teams fails and None displays under Settings > Devices.

As a workaround, open the Sound Control Panel (mmsys.cpl), select the playback or recording device, go to Properties > Advanced and change the settings to a supported mode.
Also, "Restore Defaults" under Advanced can be used to recover from this error.

Alternatively, disable the specific device.

• Like 1
On 4/25/2020 at 1:47 PM, Daniel Szomboti said:

Can you get BCR to work on the W7 machines? Would you be able to open a support case to my attention? I will send you some debug logging. 

Regards,
Daniel 

Hi Daniel, no we haven't setup BCR yest or tested it. How do i get these debug logs. Is it something I can get myself? I have had a look in the troubleshooting document for log locations but these seem to be created one the hdxteams.exe is been spawned.

4 hours ago, blue_ken said:

Hi Daniel, no we haven't setup BCR yest or tested it. How do i get these debug logs. Is it something I can get myself? I have had a look in the troubleshooting document for log locations but these seem to be created one the hdxteams.exe is been spawned.

Open a ticket please and I can send you all these details. I can't share debug keys whitout a case for tracking. Hope you understand.