Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Google Meet BCR

Jason Nash1709151307

Question

Is anyone successfully using Browser Content Redirection (BCR) with Google Meet? After entering the meeting code I briefly see the getting ready/camera is starting screen and my webcam starts. I am then taken to a page which states 'You can't join this video call'. Interested to know if anyone has this working.

BCR in general is working and for YouTube it works well with Workspace for Windows.

6 answers to this question

On 5/13/2020 at 4:51 AM, Jason Nash1709151307 said:

We gave up getting this one to work for now. However the optimization for MS Teams appears to work well from our testing, shame this only works with the Windows Workspace client. 

My organization is a G-Suite customer and we use Google Meet as our collaboration platform.  I have been able to get BCR to work with Google Meet but screen sharing through Meet isn't currently supported and as I understand it might not ever be supported with BCR.   That's a complete deal breaker for us so we will not deploy it in production.

• Like 1
On 4/22/2020 at 6:25 AM, Jason Nash1709151307 said:

Is anyone successfully using Browser Content Redirection (BCR) with Google Meet? After entering the meeting code I briefly see the getting ready/camera is starting screen and my webcam starts. I am then taken to a page which states 'You can't join this video call'. Interested to know if anyone has this working.

BCR in general is working and for YouTube it works well with Workspace for Windows.

" I am then taken to a page which states 'You can't join this video call'. 

Is that page still redirected? 

Cwa and VDA version? 

Thanks for the info. What solution do you use for collaboration within Citrix desktops or do you just use Meet outside of Citrix? We have been testing the Teams optimisation which seems to work well but in needs the Windows Workspace client on the end point. Many of our remote users use the HTML client and when in the office we have linux based thin clients.

2 hours ago, Jason Nash1709151307 said:

Thanks for the info. What solution do you use for collaboration within Citrix desktops or do you just use Meet outside of Citrix? We have been testing the Teams optimisation which seems to work well but in needs the Windows Workspace client on the end point. Many of our remote users use the HTML client and when in the office we have linux based thin clients.

We unfortunately use Chrome with Meet inside the Citrix session which requires a lot of CPU resources to accommodate webcam + audio + screen sharing.  I really wish Google would develop an Optimization Pack like there is for Zoom and Teams.