Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Platfrom layer creation freqeuncy

Akinola Oke

Question

I have "platform layer" created sometime ago, and I have inbetween updated either PVS or VDA installations on it through versioning. 

However this seems not to be stable as UPM is causing intermittent profile downloading issues.

When and how often should "Platform layer" be recreated freshly.

Any recommendation guidlines?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Rob

Thanks for the response.

What happens then when "ELM machine tools" is updated on the Os-Layer? Would a new platform layer be suggested as well?

In general, is there any reason versioning "Add Version" should not be adhered to as it is done in OS-Layer?

Thanks

Here is a blog I wrote on optimizing windows and app layering. You could use the app layering optimizer but that has been succeeded for the most part by the Citrix optimizer except for when you are creating your office layer and the app layering optimizer will create special flag files used to activate office on boot.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2018/01/08/optimizing-windows-and-citrix-app-layering/

Rob

On 4/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, Rob Zylowski1709158051 said:

Here is a blog I wrote on optimizing windows and app layering. You could use the app layering optimizer but that has been succeeded for the most part by the Citrix optimizer except for when you are creating your office layer and the app layering optimizer will create special flag files used to activate office on boot.

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2018/01/08/optimizing-windows-and-citrix-app-layering/

Rob

Since citrix is promoting "Citrix Optimizer", why is "RemoveStoreApps.ps1" still being made available in newer "App Layering" versions.

This could be causing some confusions.

Or are certain cleanup actions in "RemoveStoreApps.ps1" that are not yet implemented in "Citrix Optimizer"?

I started this post sometime ago, but another situation just came up.

OS-Layer is regularly updated either because of Microsoft monthly windows updates or other stuffs.

In which circumstances would it be recommended to create a new Platform-Layer, when changes is made to the OS-layer.