Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Delivery Controller Service Alerts on Director

Rick Culler

Question

I have two environments that I'm noticing this on. XD 7.15 LTSR, and 1912 LTSR each with its own Desktop Director server.

I'm seeing what seems like random alerts for Delivery Controller services, and as far as I can tell, are not impacting usability or causing any problems. Checking the event viewer of the delivery controller(s) in question, I cannot find anything that matches around the timestamp of the alert. Director will refresh itself, and the alerts will go away, and the Services will show "no alerts". Usually its just one alert, and could be any of them, but I have seem upwards of 3 at one time.

Citrix Host Service

http://deliverycontolleraddress1/Citrix/HostContract/v2

Citrix Machine Creation Service

http://deliverycontrolleraddress1/Citrix/MachineCreationContract/v2

Citrix Configuration Logging Service

http://deliverycontrolleraddress1/Citrix/ConfigurationLoggingService/v1

I'm not sure if this is truly anything to worry about, as I cannot see any problems, and everything seems to function normally.

7 answers to this question

Afternoon,

I know this post is a little old now, but did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a client reporting the same thing. I have been through the logs and events and cant see any reason for it, or any real indication that the services even went down, so at a loss.

It isn't causing any problems that i can find, but the client is seeing it each morning and would like it resolved....

Thanks 

• Like 2

I have not spent much time troubleshooting it. And its actually been a "problem" for a couple years, but as its never been the source of any problems, it always fell to lower priority. I no longer have the 7.15 site, as it was retired, but its still happening on the 1912 site. The 7.15 site was running on Windows Server 2012 R2 and the 1912 site is running on Windows Server 2019, the two sites were even on different SQL servers.

I do plan to open a ticket at some point, but it may be a bit tricky to diagnose since it seems completely random. Almost seems like these services are restarting on purpose. I have monitoring setup for the Citrix Services on the brokers, and when an alert does come in, the alert is "resolved/closed" within about 20 seconds or so.

I am seeing this same issue in Director after upgrading from 7.15 CU5 to 1912 CU1. Director seems to be a bit sluggish compared to what it was. I wonder if it is just not getting a response in time and reporting a false error. Refresh the page and the error generally disappears.

2020-08-26_07h23_15.thumb.png.42288b4ad74220dd1fd0f054d146af3b.png