Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Can't show Windows desktop properly (Windows 7, Citrix Viewer 20.002.0.5 (2002), macOS 10.15.4)

Alvin Lee1709161965

Question

Hi, I'm using 13" MacBook Pro, when I connect to remote desktop, and I want to change to full screen size, don't know why have the black block on the right and bottom size.  When I change back to window size, it's back to normal, but the screen is really small, it's hard to work.  Do you know what happen of it.  Thank you so much.

Remote desktop:  Windows 7

Citrix version:  Citrix Viewer 20.002.0.5 (2002)

13" MacBook Pro:  macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Full screen size.png

Window screen size.png

2 answers to this question

When the Remote Desktop Connection dialog opens, Click 'Show Options' before you try to connect to the remote PC.  Under the Display tab, make certain it is set to Full Screen.  I've seen a few cases where even though it's set to Full Screen, I've actually had to move the slider to the left and then back to Full Screen again before the setting takes effect.

• Like 1
On 4/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, David Clark1709160691 said:

When the Remote Desktop Connection dialog opens, Click 'Show Options' before you try to connect to the remote PC.  Under the Display tab, make certain it is set to Full Screen.  I've seen a few cases where even though it's set to Full Screen, I've actually had to move the slider to the left and then back to Full Screen again before the setting takes effect.

Thanks, it's work.  Finally I can switch to full screen.  When windows startup and showing "Welcome", then I switch to full screen, it's done.  Thank you so much.