Welcome to our new Citrix community!

USB Webcam redirection problems

Baumgartner AG

Question

Hey Folks

I'm struggling with USB redirections here. We need to use Microsoft Teams on Citrix. By default when I start a session, my webcam is redirected in "optimized" mode. In this mode, the camera is not detected in any apps or browsers. 

So I started searching for a solution on how to redirect the webcams in generic mode instead of optimized, and found this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\GenericUSB\Devices]
“AutoRedirectVideo”=dword:00000001

WIth this key, auto redirect in generic mode from the beginning of the session works fine, BUT...... the microphone is not redirected in this mode.... can it really be this complicated Citrix?

Funy thing is: When I change the camera redirection back to optimized while in an active session, mic and cam work fine... But I don't want the users to first change their usb device redirections after every login, just to get the cams to work... 

Anyone who's got an idea?

VDA: 1912

Webcams: Logitech Rally and c920

Edit: Launching a session with cam redirection in optimized mode works vor Desktop OS Windows 10 with VDA 1912, but not with Server OS Server 2016 and VDA 1912.

regards, Cedy

11 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

Hey Folks

I'm struggling with USB redirections here. We need to use Microsoft Teams on Citrix. By default when I start a session, my webcam is redirected in "optimized" mode. In this mode, the camera is not detected in any apps or browsers. 

So I started searching for a solution on how to redirect the webcams in generic mode instead of optimized, and found this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\GenericUSB\Devices]
“AutoRedirectVideo”=dword:00000001

WIth this key, auto redirect in generic mode from the beginning of the session works fine, BUT...... the microphone is not redirected in this mode.... can it really be this complicated Citrix?

Funy thing is: When I change the camera redirection back to optimized while in an active session, mic and cam work fine... But I don't want the users to first change their usb device redirections after every login, just to get the cams to work... 

Anyone who's got an idea?

VDA: 1912

Webcams: Logitech Rally and c920

Edit: Launching a session with cam redirection in optimized mode works vor Desktop OS Windows 10 with VDA 1912, but not with Server OS Server 2016 and VDA 1912.

regards, Cedy

Hi Cedy

Workspace app version and OS?

Can you follow 8.3 and 8.4 here, https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132764 , and report back with screenshots?

Hey Guys

So it turned out that I am forced to use the Microsoft Teams App on Citrix instead of the Web based Version. With Teams App, the Cameras are working in optimized mode, also the mic is working fine... 

I first wanted to use Web based version of teams due to flexibility with different devices, and it's not possible to install teams app with Administrator for all users; it's installed in the user's local appdata by default. So the users either have to install the app themselves, or you have to deploy it with GPO. Also localappdata folder of teams has to be synced with profile manager.

But the cameras seem to work now when using the teams app, so problem is solved so far.

Regards, Cedy

4 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

Hey Guys

So it turned out that I am forced to use the Microsoft Teams App on Citrix instead of the Web based Version. With Teams App, the Cameras are working in optimized mode, also the mic is working fine... 

I first wanted to use Web based version of teams due to flexibility with different devices, and it's not possible to install teams app with Administrator for all users; it's installed in the user's local appdata by default. So the users either have to install the app themselves, or you have to deploy it with GPO. Also localappdata folder of teams has to be synced with profile manager.

But the cameras seem to work now when using the teams app, so problem is solved so far.

Regards, Cedy

"and it's not possible to install teams app with Administrator for all users; it's installed in the user's local appdata by default"

Incorrect. You need to use the MSI  with the flag ALLUSER=1

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#microsoft-teams-installation

On 4/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

"and it's not possible to install teams app with Administrator for all users; it's installed in the user's local appdata by default"

Incorrect. You need to use the MSI  with the flag ALLUSER=1

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#microsoft-teams-installation

Thx, found that too in the meanwhile. Was a little tricky because the "noautostart" switch does not work. But found the entry in the registry to prevent teams from autostart.

5 hours ago, Baumgartner AG said:

Thx, found that too in the meanwhile. Was a little tricky because the "noautostart" switch does not work. But found the entry in the registry to prevent teams from autostart.

unfortunately, It's not possible to disable auto-launch of Teams with property OPTIONS="noAutoStart=true" when installing Teams on VDI using the ALLUSER property.

What was the regkey that you used?

On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

unfortunately, It's not possible to disable auto-launch of Teams with property OPTIONS="noAutoStart=true" when installing Teams on VDI using the ALLUSER property.

What was the regkey that you used?

Delete the Teams entry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" and Teams will stop autolaunching.

Regards, Cedy

On 4/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, Martin Meier said:

In my case the webcam is only working when using Receiver for Windows 4.9 LTSR.

On my IGEL ThinClients I need to use an old firmware containing Receiver for Linux 13.5.0.

I also have a Citrix Support Case for that.

Got the same Problem with Igel Thin Clients OS11.04. because of Teams Optimization...  absolutly no constalation is working depending Citrix Workspace App for Linux + Igel OS 11.04 + VDA1912 or 2006 with Windows Server 2019 DC based VDA. Got 1 Ticket by Citrix and 2 by Igel no one can find a solution.

Can you confirm that HDX Redirection of "Webcam" is working with Receiver 13.5.0? Wich OS Version of Igel OS are you using?

Greez Dominik

On 9/15/2020 at 11:46 AM, Dominik Volk said:

Got the same Problem with Igel Thin Clients OS11.04. because of Teams Optimization...  absolutly no constalation is working depending Citrix Workspace App for Linux + Igel OS 11.04 + VDA1912 or 2006 with Windows Server 2019 DC based VDA. Got 1 Ticket by Citrix and 2 by Igel no one can find a solution.

Can you confirm that HDX Redirection of "Webcam" is working with Receiver 13.5.0? Wich OS Version of Igel OS are you using?

Greez Dominik

I have the same issue iGel UD3 11.04 with settings recommended by iGel. 1912 CU1 VDA, CWA 2008, and it wont pickup Webcam, picks up Headset fine, very frustrating cannot rollout teams to users

On 9/28/2020 at 9:28 AM, wbedwel586 said:

I have the same issue iGel UD3 11.04 with settings recommended by iGel. 1912 CU1 VDA, CWA 2008, and it wont pickup Webcam, picks up Headset fine, very frustrating cannot rollout teams to users

Did this every get resolved. I am having the same issue, If I use new version of Igel firmware (also tried the latest 11.06) Webcam will not display in Teams. If I use an older firmware and use Citrix Receiver 19.12 with Igel. the Webcam works but not the headsets.