Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Browser content redirection strange issue

Kyle Peterson

Question

We are hosting our own jitsi meet server for conferencing and it works great but at the same time I figured this could be really useful with BCR since jitsi meet is built on webrtc.

I setup the policies and was able to get our page to be redirected but here is the strange part, audio/video quality are perfect just as if you were running it on your physical pc. The weird thing is about 90% of the time when you join a conference you will show up twice and there will be horrible echo ect

It seems like both the xendesktop session and the hdx overlay browser on the physical pc join the conference.

It happens most of the time but you can just mute the extra copies of your self then it sounds fine. Really strange

Not a big deal but was just curious if anyone has any ideas on this? Thanks

2 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Kyle Peterson said:

We are hosting our own jitsi meet server for conferencing and it works great but at the same time I figured this could be really useful with BCR since jitsi meet is built on webrtc.

I setup the policies and was able to get our page to be redirected but here is the strange part, audio/video quality are perfect just as if you were running it on your physical pc. The weird thing is about 90% of the time when you join a conference you will show up twice and there will be horrible echo ect

It seems like both the xendesktop session and the hdx overlay browser on the physical pc join the conference.

It happens most of the time but you can just mute the extra copies of your self then it sounds fine. Really strange

Not a big deal but was just curious if anyone has any ideas on this? Thanks

HI Kyle

Are you sure it is joining from both client and VDA at the same time?

That seems very strange.

At any case, if you control the website (which seems like you do), there is an API your webpage can query to understand it is running in a BCR-VDA and then shut down any action that might cause the double-joining.

Send me a private message.

Hi Fernando,

we are running into the same issue on jitsi. A session is launched twice, when Browser Content Redirection is enabled. The only workaround seems to be to enable the Lobby function, thus the user has to be accepted before joining the meeting.

Do you have any updated on this?

Thanks.

Guido