Welcome to our new Citrix community!

The server is non operational - adding machine to Studio Catalog

Jim Smith1709157654

Question

Hi, I added a machine to a catalog fiine last week but when I try now I get the below error;

image.thumb.png.8968a66b54d8ad6159170c4b29d1dbe8.png

Ive restarted the PVS and DDA servers are still the same error.

I can see all of the collections so I know the DDA is seeing the PVS server.

Has anyone seen his before?

Thanks

Error Id: XDDS:96E1F4C1

Exception:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException The server is not operational.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne)
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.AccountSearcher.<LookupAccountsInternal>d__24.MoveNext()
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.ComputerAccountSearcher.<MatchResultsToRequests>d__1.MoveNext()
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.AccountSearcher.LookupAccounts()
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.AccountSearcher.LookupComputers(IUnityContainer container, IEnumerable`1 computers)
       at Citrix.Console.ActiveDirectoryInteraction.ActiveDirectoryService.LookupAccounts(AccountType type, IEnumerable`1 names)
       at Citrix.Console.ProvisioningSchemes.UI.Pages.PvsMachinesViewModel.PrepareToBeShown()
       at Citrix.Console.CommonControls.Wizard.PageContainerViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<ValidateAndMoveToPage>b__0()

HResult: -2147016646

1 answer to this question

Hi, 

Message typically means there is something wrong in the connection string or the server you are trying to connect to cannot be reached, such as the domain controller is offline.
Check these link if it helps, https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX264373 & https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/376222-credentials-error-in-citrix-studio-when-trying-to-update-machine-catalog-using-mcs/

Regards, 
Raghu