Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

Hi,

I'm currently having issues with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR. During testing phase users have been randomly disconnected from their sessions.
Event viewer: Citrix Desktop Service - Event ID 1049 The session '366ee346-4814-4665-853a-dc2576e9cd2c' was disconnected.

Citrix Director: under All failed connections: Failure: Type Client Connection Failures, Failure Reason: None

DDC, StoreFront, PVS, WEM and VDA running Windows Server 2019.

I have logged a Citrix Support call Case number 79651042. Support have advised to run CDF traces on the DDC, VDA and Client endpoint.

Client Disconnect Issues 2.png

Client Disconnect Issues.png

Hi,

I just saw your post. I have exactly the same problem as you. The messages are identical.
I also work on the 1912 LTSR version but on Windows 2012R2 servers.
I have been looking for a week ..
Have you tried to connect from different operating systems?
Because I only experience the problem from an Windows 7 x64 up-to-date. If I connect from a 2012R2, no problem.

If you have information from Citrix support, I am interested.

Thank you

Regards,

Rémi

On 4/9/2020 at 5:23 PM, Nicolas DUPONT said:

Hi,

I just saw your post. I have exactly the same problem as you. The messages are identical.
I also work on the 1912 LTSR version but on Windows 2012R2 servers.
I have been looking for a week ..
Have you tried to connect from different operating systems?
Because I only experience the problem from an Windows 7 x64 up-to-date. If I connect from a 2012R2, no problem.

If you have information from Citrix support, I am interested.

Thank you

Regards,

Rémi

Hi,

After some more testing we found out that the problem only exists on HP ThinPro OS. We are running the the latest version of Citrix Workspace app, but we are using ThinPro 5. We have not done any testing on Windows XP but Windows 10 works as it should.

We will start working on upgrading the thin clients to ThinPro 7 this week to see if that helps.

Regards

Simen

On 5/12/2020 at 6:50 AM, Björn Schläfli said:

same issues with VDA 1912 CU1.

I suspect that the graphics card of the thin client is being used and the ram is running full. Because of the memory leak the session gets disconnected.

shagen750: Are you still facing the disconnects with your HP ThinPros? Do they have installed graphics cards?

We're also experiencing this with repurposed PCs running Stratodesk No Touch OS.  1912 CU1.   Any luck on a resolution?  Revert to previous VDA?

29 minutes ago, Björn Schläfli said:

Hi rwiedma590,

do your repurposed PCs have dedicated graphics cards?

Our temporary solution is to use VDA 1906.2, as it's the highest possible version without issues. I've used rpm.dll from 1906.2 in a 1912 VDA with no luck.

They do not.  I turned off Adaptive Transport which seems to have helped until I test an updated Thinclient.

Sorry for my late replay. We have now solved the problem on our HP Thin clients by following the steps from HP support below:

Step 1) Install HP Thinpro 7.1 (T7X71018SP6.dd.gz) Downloaded from HP Thin update.
T520 : T7X71018SP6.dd.gz       t520                       ThinPro 7.1.0 SP6 (T7X71018SP6)
T730 : T7X71018SP6.dd.gz       t730                       ThinPro 7.1.0 SP6 (T7X71018SP6)

Step 2) Download ThinPro7.1_SP-8.5.xar downloaded from HP Thin update and installed on T730 and T520 units.

Step 3) As customer is using Citrix Protocol following Citrix packs to be installed on T730 and T520 units.
    a) CitrixReceiverLyncRTME-2.9.0hp1a-ThinPro-7.1.xar t520 for 7.1  
       CitrixReceiverLyncRTME-2.9.0hp1a-ThinPro-7.1.xar t730 for 7.1 

b) CitrixWorkspaceApp-19.12.0hp1c-ThinPro-7.1.xar t520 for 7.1 
       CitrixWorkspaceApp-19.12.0hp1c-ThinPro-7.1.xar t730 for 7.1

Second Additional Ensure Bios for T520 & T730 is updated to the latest. For reference:

For T520 HP Thin Client System BIOS (L41 BIOS) Version: 00.01.12 Rev.A Release date:Jul 9, 2019 File name: sp98368.exe (18.0 MB)
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-t520-flexible-thin-client/6875920/swItemId/vc-234776-2

For T730 HP Thin Client System BIOS (L43 BIOS) Version: 00.01.15 Rev.A Release date:May 27, 2019 File name: sp96679.exe (19.7 MB)
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-t730-thin-client/8604909/swItemId/vc-231224-2

Third create Citrix connection and ensure following are selected in Citrix connection Manager:

> Enable Auto Reconnect - should be Enabled automatic reconnection of dropped connections.
> Enable Session Reliability - Should be Enabled the Citrix Session Reliability feature. See Citrix documentation for more information
> Disable H264 Compression - Disable H.264 compression. See Citrix documentation to determine if this method of data compression is best for your use cases.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, rwiedma590 said:

They do not.  I turned off Adaptive Transport which seems to have helped until I test an updated Thinclient.

Got reports this wasn't helping.   We are updating the thin clients as the receiver version in their current firmware is pretty old.

Anyone else have or resolve this? I fixed my csrss hung session issue with the Windows Server 2019 KB4577069 update, but I still seem to have this one. What seems to happen to us is a user connects and for whatever reason, is disconnected minutes after. I still don't know if they do it intentionally or if they just get disconnected somehow or what, or if the app doesn't even launch, but once that happens they can't reconnect and I see connection failures in Director. They definitely drop into the disconnect session bucket though because they are kicked out by my GPO that ends disconnected sessions after 1 hour.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:35 AM, Christian Pressler said:

Hi @msimion90 may I also ask about the status of your Citrix case? We have the same issue as described.
Thank's

Hey how does your issue manifest? Are people able to reconnect when they get disconnected or do you need to log out their session first?

On 5/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, Björn Schläfli said:

Same issue with Igel UD3 Windows 7 embedded. 1912 virtual apps site, VDA 1912.

same issue with Igel, 7.15 site, VDA 1912.

seems to be related to VDA 1912 in connection to Thin Client OS.

Hi Bjoern,

could you solve the problem between the IGEL and VDA 1912? Not even VDA 1912 CU3 is resolving the issue.

We are also using IGEL UD3 with several OS's - Win 7's are worst, WIN 10 also are disconnecting, but not as often as the Win 7.

The best experience we had, is using the LXOS 10 based IGEL.

We're facing same issue with 19.12 LTSR CU4 VDA and DDC on server 2019 and IGEL OS 11.05.180. Some of our users stuck on logon (Windows preparing). Some gets disconnected
2 or more times over the day. Rollback to VDA 19.12 LTSR CU3 (DDC still CU4) and the issue has gone away.

Same issue appears with 21.09 as VDA.

Thinking it's an issue with IGEL OS and its CWA 21.08. 

The Webcam issue (only with USB devices, not build in Webcams) is another one, that users are reporting. But the above described issue occurs also without using a Webcam.

Logon stuck on "Windows preparing" in director the session is showen as active and can't be logged off via director. Only killing the logonui process loggs off the session and
the user can login correctly. Also very poor performance for some users on the same VDA where other users do not have any problems occurs, so they have to loggoff and the
new session is fast again.

As said, with 19.12 CU3 these issues have gone. We think (and hope) it's an issue with our IGEL OS 11.05.180 and CWA 21.08. We will roll out an newer OS (11.06.x) in january. 

In hope it fixes the issue.