Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Agent Sync failed - Remote Provider should have two scopes

Philip Hall

Question

Hi,

Hopefully someone else can help with this issue, the WEM Agent sync fails due to the following error:

"On Remote provider, we should have two scopes (one for server and one for client)."

I am unsure why this has occurred and how to rectify this.

The version of WEM is 1912.

Hopefully someone can explain what this issue is.

3 answers to this question

I know this ticket is now a year old, but I wanted to chime in because we had this same issue, in case anyone else has it too.

We upgraded from 1903 to 1912, and WEM itself worked fine, but client cache would not update. None of the prescribed fixes (permissions to DBSync folder, permissions to DB, connectivity to new ports, SETSPN for service account) fixed the issue. Citrix tech eventually resolved the problem with the following:

·         We checked the following table on the WEM Database: db.ds_scope_info

·         When we selected the top 1000 rows, there were a lot of entries with the 'AgentCache' sync scope name with the value 1. Ideally there should only be one entry for AgentCache with the value '1'

·         We took a full backup of the Database.

·         Ran the following SQL query against the WEM Database in SQLCMD mode: delete from ds_scope_info

·         After restarting the WEM Agent Host Service and refreshing the cache, they seem to be synchronizing with the Broker again.

10 minutes later I opened up my WEM console and all the sync statuses were green!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 6:18 PM, Matt Hentrich said:

I know this ticket is now a year old, but I wanted to chime in because we had this same issue, in case anyone else has it too.

We upgraded from 1903 to 1912, and WEM itself worked fine, but client cache would not update. None of the prescribed fixes (permissions to DBSync folder, permissions to DB, connectivity to new ports, SETSPN for service account) fixed the issue. Citrix tech eventually resolved the problem with the following:

·         We checked the following table on the WEM Database: db.ds_scope_info

·         When we selected the top 1000 rows, there were a lot of entries with the 'AgentCache' sync scope name with the value 1. Ideally there should only be one entry for AgentCache with the value '1'

·         We took a full backup of the Database.

·         Ran the following SQL query against the WEM Database in SQLCMD mode: delete from ds_scope_info

·         After restarting the WEM Agent Host Service and refreshing the cache, they seem to be synchronizing with the Broker again.

10 minutes later I opened up my WEM console and all the sync statuses were green!

Hi everyone,
I have recently upgraded our environment to CVAD 1912 LTSR CU3 and when upgrading WEM from 1912 to 2106, after upgrading the infrastructure service, the database, and the Admin Console, all agents started showing a red-cross in terms of sync on the WEM console, and the CacheSync wouldnt work anymore, even for new 2016 and old 1912 agents!

Matthew's fix was spot on, and solved our issues immediately. We shut down the WEM server, ran the query on the dbo.ds_scope_info table, then started the WEM server back. Once the agents did a refresh of the cache, everything started working.

What we found were just 2 entries with AgentCache which had the "scope_is_local" value set to 1, and one BrokerCache which had the "scope_is_local" column value, set to 1, but clearing the table as described with the query "delete from ds_scope_info", solved it.

Thank you once again!