Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Zoom VDI - some webcams have stopped working?

Daniel Dunn1709158952

Question

Hi, we use Citrix XenApp and we have recently updated to 1912 so that we could make the most of Teams and the better webcam support.

We had 10 test users using Teams which has been working fine, webcams were working in the sessions in Teams.

At the weekend I installed the host installer for Zoom VDI on the master image and updated the machine catalogue.

I had no problem when I created a Zoom meeting, or used Teams, my webcam worked.

But half of the test users have found their webcams no longer work in Teams and Zoom cant find a camera either.

We tested this out, I had a XenApp server pre weekend update and asked a user to log onto it (worked fine), I then installed the Zoom host installer on it and asked the user to log on to it again (the camera was not found in Zoom or Teams).

Has anyone else found this?

Its a shame because Zoom is so popular at the moment!

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Hi, we use Citrix XenApp and we have recently updated to 1912 so that we could make the most of Teams and the better webcam support.

We had 10 test users using Teams which has been working fine, webcams were working in the sessions in Teams.

At the weekend I installed the host installer for Zoom VDI on the master image and updated the machine catalogue.

I had no problem when I created a Zoom meeting, or used Teams, my webcam worked.

But half of the test users have found their webcams no longer work in Teams and Zoom cant find a camera either.

We tested this out, I had a XenApp server pre weekend update and asked a user to log onto it (worked fine), I then installed the Zoom host installer on it and asked the user to log on to it again (the camera was not found in Zoom or Teams).

Has anyone else found this?

Its a shame because Zoom is so popular at the moment!

Thanks!

Versions of CWA, OS of CWA and OS version of the VDA please?

When you say Zoom and Teams, you mean the optimized versions?

Zoom developed their own plug-in for VDI, and using our Virtual Channel SDK they are able to offer a solution for Citrix. See here.

In other words, they modify the Zoom app so it can open a virtual channel to Workspace App, and then their plug-in (which is a media engine) will handle all the audio/video redirection (TCP or UDP). Same trick we always use in HDX for Unified Communications.

(ZoomInstallerVDI.msi) needs to be installed in the VDA, and their client-side Plug-in is (ZoomCitrixHDXMediaPlugin.msi).

As for Teams, Citrix released an optimized solution, included in VDA 1912 and CWA 1907 or higher for Windows.

8 hours ago, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

Versions of CWA, OS of CWA and OS version of the VDA please?

When you say Zoom and Teams, you mean the optimized versions?

Zoom developed their own plug-in for VDI, and using our Virtual Channel SDK they are able to offer a solution for Citrix. See here.

In other words, they modify the Zoom app so it can open a virtual channel to Workspace App, and then their plug-in (which is a media engine) will handle all the audio/video redirection (TCP or UDP). Same trick we always use in HDX for Unified Communications.

(ZoomInstallerVDI.msi) needs to be installed in the VDA, and their client-side Plug-in is (ZoomCitrixHDXMediaPlugin.msi).

As for Teams, Citrix released an optimized solution, included in VDA 1912 and CWA 1907 or higher for Windows.

Thanks for your reply!

It seemed some were ok, and some were not, there didn't seem to be a pattern.

All operating systems were WIndows 10

The CWA versions were all 1907 - 1912 

Yes Zoom and Teams are both the optimized versions.

The closest thing I can find which relates to the same problem is this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Citrix/comments/fua2sr/teams_stops_seeing_local_devices_when_running/

18 hours ago, Daniel Dunn1709158952 said:

Thanks for your reply!

It seemed some were ok, and some were not, there didn't seem to be a pattern.

All operating systems were WIndows 10

The CWA versions were all 1907 - 1912 

Yes Zoom and Teams are both the optimized versions.

The closest thing I can find which relates to the same problem is this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Citrix/comments/fua2sr/teams_stops_seeing_local_devices_when_running/

Can you paste the HdxTeams.exe logs?