Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace Error Code 54A

PAU-ICT Licensing

Question

I have Android 10 and Citrix Workspace app. After updating the app to version 20.3.0 on 4-Apr-2020, I get error code 54A every time tryjng to connect to my company appstore. Previously working fine, but now it is useless app. Please fix it ASAP, and please tell me how roll back to previous app version, where I can download it?

Note: I am stiill able to connect to my AppStore using Citrix Receiver desktop app in Windows 10 PC.

12 answers to this question

I have the same problem with Andorid 9. Windows 10 Desktop Workspace App and HTML5 Client are working. 

Downloading the .ica file does't work with the Android Workspace App. While configuring the citrix URL in the workspace app the app shows the mentioned Error 54A. If iwant to connect to an existing (in-app-saved) citrix access the app shows a certificate error.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Guillaume HIE said:

LetsEncrypt certs are SHA256: do you think that may be the problem ?

Regards

Guillaume

No, SHA256 (which is part of SHA-2) is fine, thas the same Alogrithm as our Certificates. Can you confirm that the Certificate Links are correct or even applied?

via cmd: show ssl certlink 

via gui: traffic management -> SSL -> Certificates -> Server Certificates -> Action -> Cert Links -> CA-Certificate Name 

• Like 1

Hi sivom3val14,

just save the intermediate certificate of your let's encrypt cert as a file (.cer for example) and upload it under "CA Certificates" on your netscaler. Then go to your server Certificate and select action -> link -> and then select your ca certificate. Save config.

See also: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/12-1/ssl/ssl-certificates/add-group-certs.html

• Like 1

Hi,

We have the same error code 54A and we haven't changed anything on our certificates, storefront or netscaler. Certificate still valid for a few years.

Can we have a roll back? During Corona crisis this isn't a good time to push new updates to devices if everyone needs to work remote these days. We have a few people working on android devices from home.

Users that reported had also the last 20.3.0 version installed.

Hi

I am just testing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. At the moment of writing in my testing lab (Citrix ADC VPX 13.0-52.24 / Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2003 / Lets Encrypt certificates ):

* Citrix Workspace on Windows: OK

* HTML5 client on Windows using Chrome or Firefox:: OK

* Worskpace with an Ipad 2018: OK

* Workspace with an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (Android 5.02 / Citrix Workspace 19.09.0.0): alert about the certificate (seems like the app is trying to connect with the hostname in uppercase characters ...) but i can connect if i manually approve the certificate

* Workspace with a Google Pixel 3 XL (Android 9.0 / Citrix Workspace 20.3.0): no problem adding the site (no certificate warning) but i can't connect to the ressource with a  "General Problem / please try to reconnect" (translating from french) error message

Same thing with v19.09.0.0 and 1v9.03.0.0

Looks like the Android app is broken or incompatible with my versions of Citrix Virtual Apps and Deskops. Or maybe an incompatible settings somewhere ?

Regards

Guillaume

Hi,

I have the same problem today and find a solution.

Starting with app version 20.3.0, the Citrix Workspace app for Android will not allow access to the stores configured with Untrusted Certificate on mobile, tablet or chrome devices. Details please refer to https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX269489.

The solution is Migrate Your Certification Authority Hashing Algorithm From SHA-1 To SHA-2. Details please refer to https://blog.ahasayen.com/how-to-migrate-your-certification-authority-hashing-algorithm-from-sha-1-to-sha-2.

59 minutes ago, Yin Li said:

Hi,

I have the same problem today and find a solution.

Starting with app version 20.3.0, the Citrix Workspace app for Android will not allow access to the stores configured with Untrusted Certificate on mobile, tablet or chrome devices. Details please refer to https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX269489.

The solution is Migrate Your Certification Authority Hashing Algorithm From SHA-1 To SHA-2. Details please refer to https://blog.ahasayen.com/how-to-migrate-your-certification-authority-hashing-algorithm-from-sha-1-to-sha-2.

Hi t_yinl.

thank you for your response, that led me to the right path. Server and Intermediate Certificates were SHA2 and the root-certificate was sha-1 als mentioned in yout linked article. 

As is turned out the linking between Server and intermediate Certificate was missing. That was not a problem before but it turns out to be one now.

The error description was not helpful in this case.

Thanks for your time "jtusint436"

"show ssl certlink" command returns nothing (only "Done")

Same thing with the GUI

But my certificate status is "valid" in Traffic Management -> SSL -> SSL Certificates -> Server Certificates (please see attached files)

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/16/hjh6.png

I must admit that i don't know what certificate links are (i used the XenApp and XenDesktop assistant to configure my gateway)

Thanks a lot

Guillaume

Time to really understand how SSL is working :10_wink:

I managed to get it working by deploying the certificate as you said: now i have a CA Certificate and my server CA is properly linked. Thanks a lot !

And guess what: Citrix Workspace is working on my phone and on my "old" Samsung Galaxy Tab A :5_smiley:

Regards

Guillaume