Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Storefront Configuration

I have a scenario where we have our DR site where few desktops have been published. These desktops are being tested by a group. They were using the Storefront servers on the DR site to access the desktops. There is one Netscaler on the DR site and one Netscaler on the production site. The regular desktops are being used through our production storefront servers (external users). I am now trying to route the other desktops in DR site to go through our production storefront servers and through our production Netscalers. I tried creating another store at the DR site and configured similar settings in storefront in how it is being configured for external users to use the desktops, unfortunately I do not see the desktops even after they being published and pointing to the store in production storefront servers. 

Any suggestions that we may have to do on the DR Netscalers and PR Netscalers to route the traffic from DR site through the production Netscalers and Storefront servers?

Thank you in advance for you response.

You don't need to create another store. You just need to add another Delivery Controller as a separate group:

1723453358_StoreFront-DDCGroups.thumb.jpg.9c211aa729452211248442750616cc27.jpg

If users are entering a different FQDN into their browser, make sure that you create another NetScaler instance in StoreFront, and that it is checked in Remote Access Settings.

3 minutes ago, Sam Jacobs said:

You don't need to create another store. You just need to add another Delivery Controller as a separate group:

If users are entering a different FQDN into their browser, make sure that you create another NetScaler instance in StoreFront, and that it is checked in Remote Access Settings.

Thanks Sam. Do we have to configure anything on the Netscaler side to get this to be accessed from outsider our network? I have configured remote access in Storefront and all the similar configuration settings as it is configured for External users in the production storefront. Other than that anything else I need to look into?

20 hours ago, John Francis1709160537 said:

Thanks Sam. Do we have to configure anything on the Netscaler side to get this to be accessed from outsider our network? I have configured remote access in Storefront and all the similar configuration settings as it is configured for External users in the production storefront. Other than that anything else I need to look into?

20 hours ago, Sam Jacobs said:

20 hours ago, John Francis1709160537 said:

Thanks Sam. Do we have to configure anything on the Netscaler side to get this to be accessed from outsider our network? I have configured remote access in Storefront and all the similar configuration settings as it is configured for External users in the production storefront. Other than that anything else I need to look into?

Sam,

I think I spoke too quick. Let me be more clear on this. The Internal URL for DR site is https://de-appstore.companyname.com/................. the internal and external one on the production side is https://appstore.companyname.com/........ So, I want users to be accessing the DR side desktops through the external URL https://appstore.companyname.com/ as this is published outside also. When I tried to go and add your settings in my side, it still points to the https://de-appstore.comapnyname.com as shown in the screeshots. So, that is why I created a different store and tried pointing it to the appstore.companyname.com but it still shows the store URL as de-appstore.companyname.com. How can I change this to point to appstore.companyname.com?

image.thumb.png.3e694416c04cdacdb4c0c6d0d8e06c3d.png

13652194_homappstore.thumb.PNG.999d2354994fb63e090c9af441dbd04b.PNG

de appstore.PNG

10 hours ago, Sam Jacobs said:

Sorry I misunderstood your question...

You can have only one base URL on a StoreFront server, and once you create your first store, additional stores must use the same base URL (https://de-appstore.companyname.com/). You can change the base URL:

698763872_StoreFront-ChangeBaseURL.thumb.jpg.d75738ddcc175fb735f9985dea206e64.jpg

... but again, it's changed for ALL stores on the server.

What will happen to users who are coming through appstore.companyname.com will they be going through the DR site by chance? As, I am kind of concerned not wanting to change the URL to reflect the production?

For external users, appstore.companyname.com  points to an ADC, and the user will get directed to whichever store is in the session policy that is invoked.

For internal users, every StoreFront server has a default website. If the user goes through a browser, and doesn't tack on a site name (e.g. appstore.companyname.com /Citrix/StoreWeb/), the user will be sent to the default website. If the user is going through a native Receiver, they will be prompted for the Store to go to.

BTW, I am not a fan of using the same FQDN for internal and external access, because things can get complicated.