Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Webcam not available in MS Teams with CVAD 7 2003 & Mac OSX

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

i'm having issues with my CVAD 7 2003 and Server 2019 environment, when running MS Teams in the session from a MacBook. The camera is not recognized in the client, where i have Citrix Workspace 20.02.0.5 (2002) installed. When i connect with a Windows Client OS everything is working without any issues.

Does anybody having a OSX Client with MS Teams and Camera configured and is it running okey? I tried the 32-bit and 64-bit client, non of them are working.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Marc

8 answers to this question

Teams Optimization is not yet supported in Mac Workspace App. Redirection is only currently supported for Windows clients as per the client feature matrix and Teams Optimization docs. Skype Optimization is supported but requires both a server side component separate to the VDA and a clientside component separate to the Citrix Workspace App. Teams optimization requires 3 components. A supported VDA,  a supported Workspace App and a VDI Teams install. The Teams Optimization components are built into the VDA and Workspace App unlike Skype Optimizations that are separate.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#system-requirements

https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/data-sheet/citrix-workspace-app-feature-matrix.pdf

You will need to use a USB webcam with USB redirection enabled with Teams un-optimized running server side for Mac clients.

Regards

Michael

• Like 1

Hi Julien

thanks for the hint, i will uninstall the x64 one again and install the x86 again and restart the server. If that isn't working i will try the exclude you mentioned. Is it like that:

32-bit version:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\citrix\CtxHook\
String Value: ExcludedImageNames
Value: Teams.exe

Thanks again

Best regards,
Marc

33 minutes ago, Marc Kuhn said:

32-bit version:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\citrix\CtxHook\
String Value: ExcludedImageNames
Value: Teams.exe

To disable hook

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX107825

For Xenapp and XenDesktop version 7.9 and newer:

Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CtxUvi 
Value Name: UviProcessExcludes 
Type: REG_SZ 
Value: badapp1.exe;badlongname.ex;badapp2.exe 

To test your Webcam you can use a web site.

Hi Julien

i removed Sykpe application and configured the registrykey you mentioned. After a reboot i tried to test the webcam with "webcamtests.com", but i receive a message:

Apperently, your webcam is being used or blocked by another application

I will test it again with a Windows Machine, if everything is working fine there.

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Julien

well, i was able to test the MS Teams with a Windows client, there everything is working well, also with the webcam. So i'm a little lost what then is causing the issue, probably it is the newest version 2003, but i'm not sure.

Best regards,

Marc

Hi Julien

i was able yesterday to do some further testing. I was able to use the webcam from my MacBook with the 2002 Workspace app within another environment with Server 2016 and CVAD 7.15 LTSR, so either the issue is CVAD 2003 on the serverside or server 2019 with newest patches, which prevents my webcam to work there as well.

Best regards,

Marc