Updated Privacy Statement

VDA 2003 - connection failure

Question

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

12 hours ago, Keith Perri said:

It says this is fixed in the newly released CVAD 2012, but I just tested it in our environment and I'm still getting a gray screen on the client side when trying to launch a session. So this is still not fixed for us. Anyone else have a chance to test this in their environment? Running Server 2019 with VDA 2012 and latest Windows Updates. ADC/Netscaler is 13.0 67.39. We use ControlUp to monitor our session hosts and while the client side shows a gray screen in Workspace App, ControlUp shows (via the screenshot function) the desktop correctly loaded on the session host side.

Grey screen usually means an MTU UDP fragmentation issue.  Do you see the issue with TCP connections?  If not then I would recommend modifying your default.ica and reducing the mtu.  See this article for more info on this.  https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX231821

46 minutes ago, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

Grey screen usually means an MTU UDP fragmentation issue.  Do you see the issue with TCP connections?  If not then I would recommend modifying your default.ica and reducing the mtu.  See this article for more info on this.  https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX231821

Thanks for the help, we are probably going to open our own support ticket with Citrix. I've tested with and without EDT enabled and still get a gray screen on anything 2003+ VDA. We currently use 1912 CU2 in production with no issues. Was really hoping 2012 would work as it has some much needed features (WIA scanner redirection). Tried testing without SR HA as others have mentioned, but haven't tested without SR or AppFlow completely disabled yet. Main issue seems to be related to the Citrix Graphics (ctxgfx) process not starting in the session, but there are no errors on the session host's event logs that I can see. May try to do some CDF logging next to see if I can further pinpoint the exact cause.