Updated Privacy Statement

VDA 2003 - connection failure

Question

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Upgrading now.  Will update. EDIT: No luck, same problem with latest firmware.

2006 CVAD has the same issues as 2003.

CVAD support is kicking it over to ADC support, even though their product is the one that was updated......

C'mon Citrix.  We need things like this resolved.

Edited by jriechers
More testing

My case is still under investigation, support have confirmed that the issue impacts both 2003 and 2006 VDA, rather than disable SR or AppFlow (Neither of which are acceptable workarounds) we have had to rollback to 1912 (currently CU1).

My last ticket update indicates that it is being investigated by both the VDA and NetScaler teams. Will update if i get any positive updates regarding fix.

On 8/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, Jeff Riechers1709152667 said:

I finally got to respond, got this fix last week and it fixed.  They are still compiling it for different versions.  I tested the Windows 10 desktop and it worked.

Hopefully 2009 has the hot fix included for everything.

I opened a new ticket with Citrix and they keep saying there is not private fix, can you mention the private fix number or your case number so support can refer to it. 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:22 AM, Jonathan Bucud1709156335 said:

I'd wager the HDX Insight (Appflow) + session reliability that is the crux of the issue.  This wouldn't be the first time there was a long running bug tied to HDX Insight.

Quick update:

After escalation I was able to get VDA 2009 fix , They promised including this 2011 version but will have to wait an see. 

Case number is 80024856 if someone wants to Request the fix. 

Attempts to launch VDA version 2003 or 2006 through Citrix Gateway might fail. [CVADHELP-15245]

It says this is fixed in the newly released CVAD 2012, but I just tested it in our environment and I'm still getting a gray screen on the client side when trying to launch a session. So this is still not fixed for us. Anyone else have a chance to test this in their environment? Running Server 2019 with VDA 2012 and latest Windows Updates. ADC/Netscaler is 13.0 67.39. We use ControlUp to monitor our session hosts and while the client side shows a gray screen in Workspace App, ControlUp shows (via the screenshot function) the desktop correctly loaded on the session host side.

26 minutes ago, Keith Perri said:

It says this is fixed in the newly released CVAD 2012, but I just tested it in our environment and I'm still getting a gray screen on the client side when trying to launch a session. So this is still not fixed for us. Anyone else have a chance to test this in their environment? Running Server 2019 with VDA 2012 and latest Windows Updates. ADC/Netscaler is 13.0 67.39. We use ControlUp to monitor our session hosts and while the client side shows a gray screen in Workspace App, ControlUp shows (via the screenshot function) the desktop correctly loaded on the session host side.

This was fixed for us on this version, I already had a private fix for 2009 but today I tested the Full fix on 2012, But I was not getting a gray screen it was just failing to connect so your issue might be different