Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Microsoft Teams Optimization on CVAD 1912 (no audio devices issue)

Valentijn de Pagter

Question

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share something with you that had me chasing my tail for a little bit while implementing Microsoft Teams Optimization on CVAD 1912.

Everything seemed set up and good to go, Teams version was showing 'Optimized for Citrix,' but it wasn't showing any Audio Devices or Webcams in the Teams App (exclusively when connecting from my specific client endpoint it turns out).

image.thumb.png.3dda1b6c7cad4e79a2d92c206c92fee8.png

Following the excellent troubleshooting guide at https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX253754 gave me some pointers on where to look.

After starting Teams in the Citrix session, WebSocketAgent.exe wasn't found running on the VDA (Server).

Looking under %tmp%\HdxTeams on my local endpoint, I found a webrpc.log file with the following content:

=============================
Fri Mar 27 20:58:22 2020
=============================
Mar 27 20:58:22.885 webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Info: init. initializing...
Mar 27 20:58:23.190 webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Error: init. couldn't create audio module!

Strange. So, figuring it could be a client-side issue (ahem, how could MY client have an issue), I tried connecting with another system and that worked just fine.

Turns out, I was using an audio device at 192kHz. Setting this down to 96kHz, closing down the Teams client (from system tray) and starting it back up was enough to get things up and running.

image.thumb.png.5be226f4199e7436355bdd595769590f.png

image.thumb.png.9642c6aa0a73b162c449145a044a4815.png

I haven't done extensive testing yet, but this is all looking really promising.

Thanks Citrix!

Let me know if this was already documented somewhere and I missed it and if this helped anyone. :-)

6 answers to this question

OMG what a coincidince. I was just troubleshooting this exact issue yesterday and just like you none of the 3 fields in device settings could be clicked and when you move your mouse over it the red "not available" sign appears.

I found that starting a new clean session to my VDA1906 on Windows Server 2019 with Citrix Workspace client 2002 didn't solve anything but as I -just now- changed my local X5 soundblaster output quality from 48Khz (yes you read that correct) to 96Khz and exited + restarted Teams from the system tray the devices magically re-appear. 

So yes I think this is hereby confirmed and it seems there are more local quality formats affected by this bug than just 192Khz ! :) Thanks for sharing this

On 3/31/2020 at 4:53 AM, Andy Vanderbeken said:

OMG what a coincidince. I was just troubleshooting this exact issue yesterday and just like you none of the 3 fields in device settings could be clicked and when you move your mouse over it the red "not available" sign appears.

I found that starting a new clean session to my VDA1906 on Windows Server 2019 with Citrix Workspace client 2002 didn't solve anything but as I -just now- changed my local X5 soundblaster output quality from 48Khz (yes you read that correct) to 96Khz and exited + restarted Teams from the system tray the devices magically re-appear. 

So yes I think this is hereby confirmed and it seems there are more local quality formats affected by this bug than just 192Khz ! :) Thanks for sharing this

HI ftruyens1,

can you add an mmsys.cpl screenshot for your Speaker properties/Advanced?