Welcome to our new Citrix community!

HDX Optimization for Microsoft Teams validated Audio devices

Luc Boulard1709156691

Question

IWe are currently trying to validate HDX Optimization for Microsoft Teams, and currently it is quite complicated. We have tested it with different audio chipsets and drivers on the user device.  The result was a bit disapointing, it only worked once.  In all other cases, we had the following error message in webrpc.log:

webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Error: init. couldn't create audio module!

Does somebody had already got this kind of issue ?

Thanks a lot.

Luc

webrpc.log

9 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Luc Boulard1709156691 said:

IWe are currently trying to validate HDX Optimization for Microsoft Teams, and currently it is quite complicated. We have tested it with different audio chipsets and drivers on the user device.  The result was a bit disapointing, it only worked once.  In all other cases, we had the following error message in webrpc.log:

webrtcapi.WebRTCEngine Error: init. couldn't create audio module!

Does somebody had already got this kind of issue ?

Thanks a lot.

Luc

webrpc.log 247 B · 0 downloads

Hi Luc. 

That's interesting. 

Can you give me the full systems specs, VDA and endpoint? Also a Teams debug log? Click on teams icon 7 times, then one right click and click on collect logs. 

Thanks. 

Daniel 

Hi,

- Client and Guest system are MS Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (10.0.18363 build 18363)

- VDA is version 20.2.0.25 (2002)

- Connexion to the VDI is using EDT through a Citrix netscaler gateway 13.0 with DTLS enabled

- The VDI infrastructure is using XenDesktop 1911 LTSR (including the VDA, WEM Agent and FAS)

- Teams on the VDI is version 1.3.00.4461 (You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4461 (64-bit). Optimized for Citrix It was last updated on 3/26/20.)

I attached the log files of MS Teams and the webrpc.log in the zip file attached.

Thanks for your help

Luc

20200330-logs.zip

On 3/30/2020 at 6:18 AM, Luc Boulard1709156691 said:

Hi,

- Client and Guest system are MS Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (10.0.18363 build 18363)

- VDA is version 20.2.0.25 (2002)

- Connexion to the VDI is using EDT through a Citrix netscaler gateway 13.0 with DTLS enabled

- The VDI infrastructure is using XenDesktop 1911 LTSR (including the VDA, WEM Agent and FAS)

- Teams on the VDI is version 1.3.00.4461 (You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4461 (64-bit). Optimized for Citrix It was last updated on 3/26/20.)

I attached the log files of MS Teams and the webrpc.log in the zip file attached.

Thanks for your help

Luc

20200330-logs.zip 359.93 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks Luc. 

Will come back to you today or tomorrow. 

Thanks. 

Daniel 

I have tested with Version 1911 & 2002.  Same result.

The audio by default is set to 24000 bits.  Which might be the cause of the issue.  However, even after changing the parameter, the result is the same.

However, as we are investigating for BYOD, it is difficult to say to all users (who are genrally not IT guys) you must set your sound parameters with these settings.

I continue investigating.

Thanks a lot

Luc  

1 hour ago, Luc Boulard1709156691 said:

The audio by default is set to 24000 bits.  Which might be the cause of the issue.  However, even after changing the parameter, the result is the same.

However, as we are investigating for BYOD, it is difficult to say to all users (who are genrally not IT guys) you must set your sound parameters with these settings.

Thanks a lot

Luc  

It should work if that's changed. Try set it for all devices, usually these days there is more than one audio device on each device as you know already. 

The 24k issue is however something that will be fixed pretty soon. 

Regards,

Daniel 

1 hour ago, Luc Boulard1709156691 said:

Thanks a lot

Luc  

Can you paste the mmsys.cpl Properties/Advanced/Default Format drop down for your Speakers and Recording in the client?