Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Standard DC unable to print to pdf because of "cloud" licensing

Gregory Moore

Question

Good day everyone...I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.

I have a terminal services environment that utilizes both Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat Standard DC and since adding the Acrobat Standard DC users and their accounts to the enviornment, NOBODY is able to use the print to pdf function from either program. The error message they all get is this: Acrobat dc license has either expired or not been activated.

The overall user pool is 300 users but only 20 of these users USE Acrobat Standard DC and they all have cloud licenses.

The applications are both installed correctly in the enviornment and work as they should.

As a work around for the users, I installed a competing pdf creater app yesterday and when users select that print driver, everyone can print to pdf perfectly fine.

Anyone come across this type of issue before?

1 answer to this question

Hi,

i think when you install Adobe DC Reader you dont actually get a PDF printer.

When you install Acrobat Standard DC this adds the PDF printer, you should be hiding that printer for all Reader users. 

i found users thought they used this printer before installing Standard, but they actually used the Microsoft PDF printer.

you can easily hide the printer with Security groups or FSLogix. 

Hopefully that helps

Thanks,