Updated Privacy Statement

Will generic mouse (not X1) integration be supported for the Citrix Worspace iOS app ?

Daniel Stennett

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Regardless of what I try, my experience is still bad. It must be either the Citrix server version or what they are doing with firewalls or gateways... or the fact that I am running the public beta release of iPadOS 14. Nothing I try helps (reinstalling, playing with different settings). 
2018 iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard. 
Also tried Bluetooth MX Keys keyboard and MX Master 3 mouse. Thought scaling could be the issue, but no. 
Nothing works. No right click, scroll, drag, no decent text selection. 

if it IS iPadOS 14 at the root of this - well, everyone will soon experience the same as me. 

16 minutes ago, Mike Adams1709161974 said:

Sorry, one other question.... Is there a way to get the CMD key to act like the Windows CONTROL key? Seems to work automatically when I use the Mac version of it but not the iPadOS one.

20 hours ago, Scott MacKenzie said:

Regardless of what I try, my experience is still bad. It must be either the Citrix server version or what they are doing with firewalls or gateways... or the fact that I am running the public beta release of iPadOS 14. Nothing I try helps (reinstalling, playing with different settings). 
2018 iPad Pro + Magic Keyboard. 
Also tried Bluetooth MX Keys keyboard and MX Master 3 mouse. Thought scaling could be the issue, but no. 
Nothing works. No right click, scroll, drag, no decent text selection. 

if it IS iPadOS 14 at the root of this - well, everyone will soon experience the same as me. 

The same to me. Citrix 20.7.5, iPadOS 3.5.1: since using the magic keyboard with my iPadpro I can do easy clicks and so on. But, not any functions like „right click“, scroll and text selection. I‘ve waited for two updates until now, but there hasn‘t been any solution given.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, Mike Adams1709161974 said:

Have installed the new version of the app, tried it out and it works brilliantly with the Magic Keyboard! Finally makes the iPad a complete laptop replacement for me with no compromises.

One question... is there a way to turn off the iPadOS circle cursor under the Windows pointer?

The iPadOS circle cursor shouldn't show under (or over) the windows pointer. It's supposed to hide once the session starts and the windows pointer appears. If that's not the case for you, please open a support ticket and provide logs and more details.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, Michael Huebner said:

The same to me. Citrix 20.7.5, iPadOS 3.5.1: since using the magic keyboard with my iPadpro I can do easy clicks and so on. But, not any functions like „right click“, scroll and text selection. I‘ve waited for two updates until now, but there hasn‘t been any solution given.

With the default settings, CWA will show a windows pointer and hide the iPadOS round cursor when you start a session.

If you don't see a windows pointer, see below:

- Check that the "Touch Enable" setting is ON in CWA Settings/Advanced section.

- Check that the Pointer option inside the session is NOT enabled.

If you still don't see a pointer, please open a support ticket and provide device/app logs.

On 8/11/2020 at 6:11 AM, Chris Pavlou said:

I can confirm this feature works with iPadOS 14 Beta also, including the latest Beta 4.

What ever mouse you're using, first confirm that you see mouse certain capabilities in iPadOS itself.

- Can you use mouse wheel to scroll inside native iOS? e.g. inside the settings app. If not, then it could be iOS doesn't support scrolling for that mouse. The original Apple Magic Mouse is one such mouse that does not support scrolling with iPadOS.

- Can you right click? e.g. on an app icon on the home screen. If not, goto iOS Settings > General > Trackpad & Mouse and make sure "Secondary Click" is set to the "Right".

CWA can only support what capabilities iPadOS provides it. Unlike with the X1 mouse, CWA doesn't communicate with generic mouse/trackpad directly. All capabilities are via iPadOS.

- Also check that the "Touch Enable" setting is ON in CWA Settings/Advanced section.

- Also check that the Pointer option inside the session is NOT enabled.

If you still don't see a pointer with all the above considerations, please open a support ticket - you will probably need to provide logs.

Really appreciate your advice Chris. I had check on theses things, as well as the external monitor setting (disabled), and tried custom or default scaling.  
Since scrolling works, as does right-clicking, and touch is enabled in CWA, and the pointer is off within session... and since I still see the standard iPad OS round cursor, I have opened a support ticket, as per your advice. 

EDIT: tried and failed there too.  I tried to log a ticket but was turned around. Rejected - can’t log a ticket - I had a good chat with a Citrix support person. it must be the organisation hosting Citrix. This organisation I contract to, albeit it a great one, has totally outsourced their IT, and THAT company have distanced themselves from ANYTHING hands-on with the users. This is just a little too hard. I just wanted to provide someone logs, as there is clearly a bug or two somewhere, stopping the development from being universally used. 

Edited by S.mack
Updated status on logging a support ticket
On 3/26/2020 at 11:55 AM, Chris Pavlou said:

Hi @Daniel Stennett

To get the desktop-like features like scrolling and hovering and direct right-clicking while in a session, Workspace requires a Citrix X1 Mouse.

That is because the X1 mouse was specially designed by Citrix so Workspace can communicate with it directly and obtain all mouse events.

When using a mouse as a generic mouse, iOS is the one that communicates with the mouse, not the app. And iOS and does not make all mouse events available to the running application - so Workspace in this case can't forward some of the events to a remote session. So Workspace needs to communicate with the mouse directly and make use of some custom functionality and for those reasons an X1 mouse is needed.

You can read more about the X1 Mouse and how it is used in Citrix Workspace app, in the FAQ section here: https://www.citrix.com/products/citrix-mouse/support.html

And can buy here: https://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.37713000/productID.317779200

Regards,

Chris

Not that great of a product. Propoint definitely is better.