Welcome to our new Citrix community!

HDX Optimization for Skype for Bussiness.

Mircea Baldea

Question

Hello,

1.I have installed HDX Realtime Optimization Connector on my VDA XenApp on which S4B is installed and published to users. When launch S4B as published app it seems that the Connector ribbon (taskbar) does not start on the XenApp server.

2.I have installed HDX Realtime Optimization Connector on my VDA XenApp where i have O365 installed and have published Desktops. When i launch the Desktop and then inside desktop I launch Skype, the connector ribbon thingy appears.

My question is: is there a way to apply HDX only to published S4B or only works when launch S4B via published Desktops ?

Xenapp 7.15 ltsr

Receiver 4.9.4000

HDX 2.4.3000

Thank you in advance.

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, Mircea Baldea said:

Hello,

1.I have installed HDX Realtime Optimization Connector on my VDA XenApp on which S4B is installed and published to users. When launch S4B as published app it seems that the Connector ribbon (taskbar) does not start on the XenApp server.

2.I have installed HDX Realtime Optimization Connector on my VDA XenApp where i have O365 installed and have published Desktops. When i launch the Desktop and then inside desktop I launch Skype, the connector ribbon thingy appears.

My question is: is there a way to apply HDX only to published S4B or only works when launch S4B via published Desktops ?

Xenapp 7.15 ltsr

Receiver 4.9.4000

HDX 2.4.3000

Thank you in advance.

Salut Mircea.

It should work on both Xenapp and Xendesktop. Are you sure it's not just the taskbar icon not appearing? Can you check task manager on session and see if connector process is there or not? 

The most common reason the connector might not start is that Skype is too old or the wrong bitness of connector is installed. Remeber it must matcg OS bitness not Skype. 

O zi faina! 

Daniel