Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remote Desktop unable to connect in non full - screen mode

Antranik Kasparian

Question

Hello,

This was working for me yesterday in 1911.

I uninstalled Citrix Receiver, installed 2002, that didn't work. I removed 2002, reinstalled 1911. Still no joy.

I've rebooted between every installation/uninstallation, used the Citrix clean-up tool, no joy.

I can launch the Remote Desktop Connect Full Screen (icon on the right).

The non-full screen one briefly launches the Citrix progress bar, then nothing subsequently happens.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Citrix Receiver.jpg

5 answers to this question

On 3/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, David Clark1709160691 said:

This is likely something you will need to engage your local Citrix support to investigate.

hi, thanks for your suggestion, who is my local Citrix support?

My company tech support was unable to help.

I suspect it might something to do with multiple monitors and it might be trying to display a window off-screen (which I can't find)?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, David Clark1709160691 said:

No one here would be able to answer this question.  Whomever is responsible for managing the Citrix environment you're connecting to would need to assist.  Open TaskView and you should be able to see any hidden windows.

Ok thanks, I don't understand Citrix and nothing appeared in  TaskView, but just today, magically, after not working all week and not working this morning, I tried again this afternoon and it worked. So I don't understand what it has to do with the Citrix environment I connect to. To me, it seems like  glitchy desktop software.