Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Applying Citrx Policies to New Physical Workstations (RemotePC)

Britton Cain

Question

This will probably have a simple answer, but I am asking so that I can implement this quickly during these strange days. With the recent surge in work from home employees at my organization we are very quickly deploying VDA to some physical workstations, adding them as RemotePC's to our existing 7.15 farm, which is accessible via StoreFront. So far so good, the pilot users are thrilled.

I'm trying to apply a few policy settings to these workstations via our usual Citrix Group Policy Objects (we don't use any Citrix policies via Studio). I've added a filter to target only the RemotePC delivery group however the settings are not applying. I think the answer is that we would need to link a GPO to the OU where the workstations sit but I know there will be some reluctance on implementing this during a stressful time for everyone.

If I create a policy in Studio only for this RemotePC deliver group:

1) is it going to introduce any issues to mix Citrix policy and Group policy settings? (my understanding is not to mix policy methodologies) 

2) should these settings apply to these RemotePC sessions without linking a GPO at the workstation OU?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet