Welcome to our new Citrix community!

[Fixed] MacOS Catalina: Citrix Client Workspace seems to connect - but no window opens with the remote desktop

Alexandru Buruiana

Question

UPDATE: Issue [SOLVED] after MacOs clean installation with SSD format. OS installation without format did not help.

Macbook Air 2015

MacOS Catalina
Citrix Client Workspace

After I am authorized on our company's site I am downloading the .ICA file.
When I click on it the Workspace application seems to connect - but no window opens with the remote desktop. It just stays like that active.

Workspace application stays active in the side bar but when I click on it nothing appears.

When I right click it and click on "Show all Windows" its says that there are no Available Windows for this app.

No updates or something similar was performed on the computer neither the Citrix app or Mac OS.

Yesterday it was working flawless. I have no Idea what could happen.

What was tried so far:
1. Launching the .ICA file downloaded on my Mac on another Macbook with fresh Workspace application installed. The application worked without any issue!!!

2. Multiple iterations of Uninstalling/Installing/with Restarts in between/ Installing of older Workspace versions.

3. Tried to remove different preference files and old remaining files from Library after UN-installation.

Nothing seems to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcM5W9oDfI

Screenshot 2020-03-18 at 18.11.24.png

Screenshot 2020-03-18 at 13.53.58.png

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Tomas Hudec said:

I have exactly the same problem and tried the same remedies (uninstalling, restarting, etc.) but nothing is working and no window to desktop will open, just icon in the dock...

I am going to try a clean MacOS install with all the programs installation, I hope this helps, otherwise I can't explain why it work on another MACs.

37 minutes ago, Alexandru Buruiana said:

Who can assist to raise a tiket to support? I tried yesterday but I failed. This is a shame to have such poor support for such a product.

btw. not even my Ipad app is working - same issue - but actually getting error message at least:

"Connection error, unable to launch app";

then when I click on more details, it gives me:

"Permanent error, please provide following information to your IT department: The session launch ended; either the session was not visible to the user, or  the ICA engine did not load properly"

maybe it is related?

54 minutes ago, Tomas Hudec said:

btw. not even my Ipad app is working - same issue - but actually getting error message at least:

"Connection error, unable to launch app";

then when I click on more details, it gives me:

"Permanent error, please provide following information to your IT department: The session launch ended; either the session was not visible to the user, or  the ICA engine did not load properly"

maybe it is related?

Maybe, I tried the android mobile app and it connected without any issues.

2 hours ago, Aniruddh Kulkarni said:

Hello All,

Even I am facing exact same issue on my new MacBook. It was working fine and suddenly since last 2 days it is giving this issue. I tried all the above steps mentioned including Factory reset but didn't help.

Please let me know if anyone know how to resolve it!

Thanks!

In my case the issue was solved by formating the whole SSD and clean installing the MacOS

UPDATE: Issue [SOLVED] after MacOs clean installation with SSD format. OS installation without format did not help.

In my case, the user was using an external monitor. 

the symptoms were: the application window does not show up after authentication, it appeared as open when we right click the Citrix Receiver icon in the dock. It was like a phantom window. 

The change that worked for me:

instead of extend screen did a mirror. Still the window stays hidden. The, I changed the display settings to Scaled, 1080i and the window appears magically.

Seems there is mismatch in the display settings for the app that causes the issue.