Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Integrated Cache in HTTP Callout

In my Enviroment (Citrix ADC VPX 12.1), an HTTP Callout agent is a REST service called with POST.

It is necessary to use Integrated Cache feature to improve performance.

In HTTP Callout configuration I set Cache Expiration Time to 600.

The calloutContentGroup automatically created is static.

But to cache the agent POST response I was expecting a dynamic contentgroup.

The Response varies according to the content of the parameter in request.

It is not possible to change the calloutContentGroup configuration to associate selectors.

In the default way is the Integrated cache efficient?

Thanks

Cristina

The built-in callout cache option is mostly for a callout response that won't change between queries for x-amount of time (so a static response), so you can reduce the load on the callout server and have a more frequent process response.

If you need dynamic caching, my recommendation would be to use a lb vserver in front of the callout vserver. Have your callout direct traffic to teh lb vserver. Skip the cache on the callout itself and instead do actual caching policies and a dynamic content group on the lb vserver.  Caching policies will cache the result that you can control. And the callout will be based on the cache policies result.

17 hours ago, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

The built-in callout cache option is mostly for a callout response that won't change between queries for x-amount of time (so a static response), so you can reduce the load on the callout server and have a more frequent process response.

If you need dynamic caching, my recommendation would be to use a lb vserver in front of the callout vserver. Have your callout direct traffic to teh lb vserver. Skip the cache on the callout itself and instead do actual caching policies and a dynamic content group on the lb vserver.  Caching policies will cache the result that you can control. And the callout will be based on the cache policies result.

Thank you so much for your answer Rhonda.

Cristina