Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SSL error 61 after installing root cert.

Stephen Carville

Question

I recently installed ICA client for Linux from RPM. Version is 19.12.0.19.  I copied GoDaddyRootCertificateAuthority-G2.crt to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/ and ran /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/util/ctx_rehash.

When that didn't seem to work, I copied GoDaddySecureCertificateAuthority-G2.crt to /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/intcerts/ and ran the rehash utility again. I still get the dreaded SSL error 61.

Frankly, I am not sure what to make of this.  I can connect and login to Xen using a browser but the ICA client cannot start a program.  Can this be fixed? I have other pathways into the corporate network so using Citrix is not really necessary but it would be nice to have the option.

Edited by scarville
spellink error

4 answers to this question

Thanks Koenraad. Your elegant solution saved me from a lot of trouble. I was experiencing difficulty getting Linux Mint ( Ubuntu / Debian based ) to work with Citrix Workspace and Remote Desktop. After running "sudo ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts" to copy the missing Security Certificates to  the "/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts" folder, the SSL error 61 problem is resolved.  I installed "icaclient_21.3.0.38_amd64.deb" and Remmina prior to running your command line fix. Thank you very much!