Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Ports opened by HDXTeams.exe in internally routed P2P voice calls?

Jan Vana

Question

I would like to achieve, that P2P calls will be held on 1st candidate in ICE on internal network AND prioritized when user is using VDE. I know that HDXTeams.exe will be the component handling RTP UDP traffic. Which outgoing UDP ports are configured to be used by hdxteams.exe? 

To DSCP optimize Teams Traffic on internal network i need to set rules in QoS policy for Windows desktops. To strictly describe the traffic to be marked i would like to set it for:

• Application: HDXTeams.exe
  • DSCP value: priority
  • Policy conditions:
    • and here comes the question:
    • Source Ports: ???
    • as destination should be AnyIP:AnyPort (destination will be on internal network.   

thank in advance for quick answer.

Jan

1 answer to this question

On 3/11/2020 at 7:22 AM, Jan Vana said:

I would like to achieve, that P2P calls will be held on 1st candidate in ICE on internal network AND prioritized when user is using VDE. I know that HDXTeams.exe will be the component handling RTP UDP traffic. Which outgoing UDP ports are configured to be used by hdxteams.exe? 

To DSCP optimize Teams Traffic on internal network i need to set rules in QoS policy for Windows desktops. To strictly describe the traffic to be marked i would like to set it for:

• Application: HDXTeams.exe
  • DSCP value: priority
  • Policy conditions:
    • and here comes the question:
    • Source Ports: ???
    • as destination should be AnyIP:AnyPort (destination will be on internal network.   

thank in advance for quick answer.

Jan

Hi Jan

Today, we don’t have a predefined set of origin ports (e.g. 50000-50019 for Audio).

Instead we use random high port ranges (e.g. 40000 or higher).

Destination port will vary,

if it is a p2p call and there is a direct path, it will use a high port (40k and up)

if there is no direct path and an O365 Teams transport relay must be used, it will use 3478-3481 UDP.

If UDP is blocked it will default to TCP 443.

if it is a conference call, it can only use a transport relay. UDP ports 3478-3481. Fallback to TCP 443.

So I suggest you focus on Destination port instead, and Application name and set DSCP to 34