Welcome to our new Citrix community!

How to get Client IP Address in Session (7.15 LTSR) ?

Cyril Karim NIANG

Question

Hi All,

I have a Citrix Farm in 7.15 LTSR. The users are connecting from Citrix Linux Agent (HP ThinClient with Thin OS).

We have also some web applications that need a "dedicated" ip address and username to allow authentication.

Unfortunately, from the application side, it's like all user are connecting from the same IP, which is prohibited. Because users are connecting from the same VDA

How can I address this point in Citrix XenDesktop ?

Thank you in advance.

5 answers to this question

Hi,

Have a look at this article:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127491?_ga=2.130413130.411682281.1583758003-123595588.1580071093

I'm not sure if this works on 7.15 LTSR and/or on modern Windows Server OS's though.

But you could then use the %clientaddress% variable to pass through to the application, however, you'll need to find a way for the client application to pick up on that.

Best,

Koenraad

23 hours ago, Koenraad Willems said:

Hi,

Have a look at this article:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127491?_ga=2.130413130.411682281.1583758003-123595588.1580071093

I'm not sure if this works on 7.15 LTSR and/or on modern Windows Server OS's though.

But you could then use the %clientaddress% variable to pass through to the application, however, you'll need to find a way for the client application to pick up on that.

Best,

Koenraad

Thank you Koenraad,

But it seems like the SSM is only for Windows ICA Client.

I have Linux based client ...

If you have any idea!

Thanks you again

On 3/12/2020 at 9:49 AM, Cyril Karim NIANG said:

Thank you Koenraad,

But it seems like the SSM is only for Windows ICA Client.

I have Linux based client ...

If you have any idea!

Thanks you again

Hi,

This application would run on the machine that has the VDA installed, which I suppose would be Windows Server? Or is that also Linux based?

Best,

Koenraad