Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Send To Compressed (Zipped) folder Missing

Jake Carter

Question

I have a 2016 Session desktop and have noticed that the "Send to" menu is missing the Compressed (Zipped) folder. I do see the menu option when I open up the master image. We are redirecting the Appdata folder. 

If I copy the the C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\Compressed (zipped) folder to the the users redirected AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\windows\SendTo directory then menu item shows up.

I am guessing its a policy issue somewhere but not sure which policy to check. 

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

I would prefer not to have to manually or even script something to copy the file into every users profile if it can be prevented.

3 answers to this question

Hey Jcarter827, I am having a similar issue. 1912 VDA on Server 2016 using Citrix UPM. I have one user that when she logs in, the contents of her SendTo folder is empty. If I paste the Compressed (Zipped) Folder and other items in her C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folder she is fine. But the next day when she logs in her SendTo folder is empty again. I have been doing research but can't find much on this problem. So not sure if it is a Citrix bug at this point but we are seeing the same thing.