Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Start Menu and Optimized

Question

Hello

XenApps 7.15 CU4 Windows 2016 / Fslogix / Citrix desktops

We are using WEM and I have built the start menu for our citrix desktops (Windows 2016) and I have questions:

- Does WEM rebuild the start menu at each session start? or does it only make the difference / modification if there has been an update?
  -Is there a setting to do the update (except session start) only if you start the manual update (right click on agnet> Updated) and not every X min?

- Are there any settings at WEM level to speed up or lighten WEM?
I have already checked in "Agent Actions", "Advanced Options", "Actions reconnection", "Advanced Processing" only the elements / option that I use. But is there any other parameter?

sorry I do not speak English

1 answer to this question

On 3/8/2020 at 1:00 AM, Florent GUILLOT1709161233 said:

- Does WEM rebuild the start menu at each session start? or does it only make the difference / modification if there has been an update?

WEM only alters the file system objects in the user profile for the start menu - native windows indexing handles the aggregation of what is in the folders

Is there a setting to do the update (except session start) only if you start the manual update (right click on agnet> Updated) and not every X min

why would you want to do this? you would be better off using "run once" or disable "self healing" on options you only want run once

Are there any settings at WEM level to speed up or lighten WEM

less registry keys the better in my experience, and there is a new feature coming to allow processing of actions from cache (already in cloud)