Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Filter - Condition - XenDesktop (Citrix Virtual Desktops) Desktop Group Name Match

Mic Kraan1709161024

Question

Hi All,

I am trying to use the condition XenDesktop (Citrix Virtual Desktops) Desktop Group Name Match (even this is confusing although i installed fresh 1912 within the console it states XenDesktop however on the online docs it refers to Citrix Virtual Desktop ?)

But more important the question: How does this filter this condition ? As far as I can figure this one out it is actually looking at the NAME of the desktop within the delivery group (so not the delivery group name), however whenever i apply a rule with this filter it comes back Filter Rule - returned False.

So where does this filter gets its information from so i can reverse its steps to see what i need to do to make this one work ?

(I have doubled checked and confirmed that i use the correct desktop name)

Cheers

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Mic Kraan1709161024 said:

And then the ultimate question on how I can find out how this filter picks up it's information (any reg key or ?) 

Cheers 

Update, I have been testing some other settings - I have now applied the same filter to an applications et voila it gets applied, however the one not getting applied is a Reg Entry.

So tried other regkeys with the same filter and get applied so the only main difference on the key that didn't get applied was the tick box - run once.

After deselecting this the rule gets applied , but any guru around that can guide in where to look for this particular filter in terms off processing it would be great (still :)

Cheers

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

For server 2016 it just uses the delivery group name (not sure if it's the publishedName or just the Name) - i just tested and it worked fine

Hi James, thanks for responding can you confirm some info for me please.

(can you double check that your name for your DG and the Desktop name are different ?

Now for the second step as when I named both of the above the same and look through the logs it now doesn't give me the returned False any more, but

when i check the citrix wem rsop (VUEMRSAV) it is still in the excluded action , could you see if yours is in the applied ?

And then the ultimate question on how I can find out how this filter picks up it's information (any reg key or ?) 

Cheers