Welcome to our new Citrix community!

CS policy for RemoteApp/RDS gateway on the Citrix Gateway vserver

Steve

Good morning,

I wanted to know if it was possible to direct all traffic to an internal RDS gateway (for RemoteApps) using a content policy on the vpn (gateway) vserver. With my current config, I can reach the RemoteApp web page, but when I launch an application - I get an error "Your computer can't connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway server".

Everthing works as expected internally.

If I forward SSL (tcp 443) traffic from the firewall to the private IP of the RDS gateway, it works.

If I forward SSL traffic to the Citrix Gateway private IP, I'm unable to launch the RemoteAPP applications.

Here are my configuration commands:

add server RDSGATE 192.168.2.26

add serviceGroup RemoteAPP_SVCGRP SSL -maxClient 0 -maxReq 0 -cip DISABLED -usip NO -useproxyport YES -cltTimeout 180 -svrTimeout 360 -CKA NO -TCPB NO -CMP NO

add lb vserver lbvs-RemoteAPP SSL 0.0.0.0 0 -persistenceType SOURCEIP -timeout 5 -cltTimeout 180

add cs action "Send to lbvs-RemoteAPP" -targetLBVserver lbvs-RemoteAPP

add cs policy cs_pol_ssl_RemoteAPP -rule "HTTP.REQ.HOSTNAME.CONTAINS(\"rd.mydomain.ca\")" -action "Send to lbvs-RemoteAPP"

bind lb vserver lbvs-RemoteAPP RemoteAPP_SVCGRP

bind vpn vserver _XD_myapps.mydomain.ca -policy cs_pol_ssl_RemoteAPP -priority 80

bind serviceGroup RemoteAPP_SVCGRP RDSGATE 443

set ssl vserver lbvs-RemoteAPP -SNIEnable ENABLED

bind ssl serviceGroup RemoteAPP_SVCGRP -certkeyName 2019-wildcard.mydoamin.ca

bind ssl vserver lbvs-RemoteAPP -certkeyName 2019-wildcard.mydoamin.ca

set ns httpProfile nshttp_default_strict_validation -webSocket ENABLED

save ns config

I have similar CS policies bound to the vpn vserver for sending traffic to other internal servers based on hostnames, and they're working. 

I only have 1 public IP so I can't created a separate CS vserver, and this is a fremium version of the VPX Netscaler version 12.1 build 52.15.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve