Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR with MS Teams

Marc Kuhn

Question

Hi guys

as more and more customers are asking for MS Teams, i'm just building a POC with Server 2019 and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912 LTSR and MS Teams. I already check some articles about this topic and starting to play around with it. The configuration at the moment is:

- Configured EDT for connections over Storefront for Citrix connections -> HDX Adaptive Transport -> preferred

- Configured EDT on the Netscaler with 13.0-42.24 installed on it -> EDT is at the moment not working, i just saw an article that the firmware has probably a bug and needs to be fixed manually

- FSLogix ProfileContainer

- Microsoft Teams Redirection -> allowed

We intend to use that setup with a ThinClient HP630. Does anyone have MS Teams in Citrix running for a customer (around 90 users on 5 Citrix PVS Workers) and can give me an advice if that is working with Audio, Video (Desktop Sharing & Video Calls)?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Marc

3 answers to this question

On 2/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, Marc Kuhn said:

Hi guys

we did a short testing today with that setup. As far as i can say, everything except Videocalls are working fine. What i experienced is that neither the cam from my MacBook nor the Cam from my iPad is recognized. I'm wondering is someone has it running in a productive environment and can share and findings.

Best regards,
Marc

The only way we can optimize Teams today is with CWA for Windows (1907 or higher).

Mac and iOS CWA do not support Teams optimization, hence we can only leverage the legacy HDX technologies.

See here for a description of this process.

Unfortunately, in your case, iOS does not support HDX Webcam redirection either - so you cannot make a video call.

MAC does support HDX Webcam redirection, but only if the app in the VDA is 32-bit.

• Like 1

Hi guys

we did a short testing today with that setup. As far as i can say, everything except Videocalls are working fine. What i experienced is that neither the cam from my MacBook nor the Cam from my iPad is recognized. I'm wondering is someone has it running in a productive environment and can share and findings.

Best regards,
Marc