Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Windows Server 2019 and Allow time zone redirection

Daniel Sjoumlgren

Question

Hi,

I have the latest Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops installed (1912). I have had Local Time Zone redirection working in Windows Server 2016 but now when we switched to Windows Server 2019, we can't get this to work our published desktops and apps.

I have configured the Citrix Policy to allow this:

"On XenApp or XenDesktop VDA Server OS: By default, the server's time zone is used for the session. For this setting to be enforced enable the "Allow time zone redirection".

We also have this enabled by GPO:

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Device and Resource Redirection -> Setting "Allow time zone redirection" to "Enabled".

Any tips?

/Daniel

3 answers to this question

I am having similar issue in Time zone redirection with Windows server 2019 as HSD. Though the CItrix Policy and RDSH group policy are in place, local time zone is not synchronized to Citrix session.

(https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings/time-zone-control-policy-settings.html)

After changing the policy to allow Everyone to Change the time zone as per above documentation, got it working but need to disconnect once and reconnect for the local time to synchronized  in Citrix session. When establishing a new session, client time is not synchronized to Citrix session, need to disconnect and re-connect , this is not the ideal way time zone redirection works. Any other inputs  ?

• Like 1

Got it fixed, as there was an issues in applying the gpo through Appsense.

Remote Desktop Session Host > Device and Resource Redirection > Allow time zone redirection = Enable  Policy configuration was set under User - Pre-Desktop in Appsense, which was the reason, the policy was not applied for initial login, but then, if I disconnect and reconnect, it applied the policy.

So I moved the policy configuration from User-Pre-Desktop to Computer-Startup Node, then the policy got applied. Now the Timezone redirection is working as per expectation in windows server 2019 HSD

Ref KB:https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX238305

• Like 1