Welcome to our new Citrix community!

O365 shared licensing "need password" consistently appears shared desktop

Andrew Powell1709161728

Question

We have a XenApp 7.15 in a shared desktop environment.  We are about to deploy O365 v1902.11328.20526.  Installed/configured using shared licensing.  Many users, after launching Outlook, are seeing "need password" in the Outlook foot bar.  We are using SSO.  If the users click on the "need password", a box flashes and goes away and they appear to be connected to Exchange online.  This is more of a "user-experience" issue and does not prohibit functionality.  However, we would like it to go away.  I have read varied threads about setting reg keys for ADAL etc., but nothing substantial as to why this may be happening.  We are using ADAL already so it seems counter-intuitive to set a registry key to enable ADAL via HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity.  I am not comfortable setting this key EnableADAL = 1 (DWORD) and going to production but not knowing why.  In random testing, this appears to work.  Also, as a side note, if they launch Skype first, they do not see the "need password".

1 answer to this question

On 2/14/2020 at 3:11 PM, Andrew Powell1709161728 said:

We have a XenApp 7.15 in a shared desktop environment.  We are about to deploy O365 v1902.11328.20526.  Installed/configured using shared licensing.  Many users, after launching Outlook, are seeing "need password" in the Outlook foot bar.  We are using SSO.  If the users click on the "need password", a box flashes and goes away and they appear to be connected to Exchange online.  This is more of a "user-experience" issue and does not prohibit functionality.  However, we would like it to go away.  I have read varied threads about setting reg keys for ADAL etc., but nothing substantial as to why this may be happening.  We are using ADAL already so it seems counter-intuitive to set a registry key to enable ADAL via HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity.  I am not comfortable setting this key EnableADAL = 1 (DWORD) and going to production but not knowing why.  In random testing, this appears to work.  Also, as a side note, if they launch Skype first, they do not see the "need password".

Andew, Are you still having this issue? What was the resolution and what ultimately resolved it?