Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Failed to create Platform Layer after double-click the Shutdown for Finalize icon on the desktop

Artimus Aunos

Question

I have done OS layer for Windows 2019 and when I have done to create Platform Layer after double-click the Shutdown for Finalize icon on the desktop and back to Tasks about Action Required Status that I found error to show message about An error occurred while finalizing version 1.0 of Layer 'Windows-2019-x64-test' on Packaging Machine 'Windows-2019-x64-test-2020-02-11'. Please  address this issue and retry: An unexpected system error occurred. Retry the operation or contact techincal support.

I cannot create Platform Layer. Have anyone ever found this message and how can I solve?

1.jpg

1.png

5 answers to this question

There is a combination of factors. One being the time delta between the ELM and the OS in the vm created as part of the OffLoad Compositing process. Second, there is a time limit on the authentication token used to communicate between the ELM and the Composting Engine VM. We are making some changes to ensure this does not happen and avoid any security risks.

• Like 1

We have a workaround, but we would need to confirm several items to ensure it will resolve your issue. Also, the workaround, if it works, is not best left applied since it is a possible security risk. Please send me a message, via my profile with your contact, company information so I may open a case for you. and work with you. I must stress to not open a case, yourself, since that will delay the process, especially reaching me.

7 hours ago, Raymond Colon said:

Actually, you may apply the steps in the following article.  We are making a change to the token and the associated security as part of out next release, 2003.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX266994

Should the steps not resolve your issue, please open a case. If it does resolve the failure, you should upgrade to 2003, when it is released

What is the cause of the problem?

Will it be related to Windows 2019?