Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Personal VDisk PVS - Step by Step document

John Francis1709160537

Question

5 answers to this question

UPL isn't tied to app layering (it's the brains of it without the need for it - all inbuilt into the VDA)

Yes, this is pretty much the use case.....single master image, then UPL used to capture changes into a dedicated disk attached per user and merged with changes

PVS will need a persistent drive for PVS cache etc, but you should avoid giving access to anyone else and putting anything user specific on there

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

Hi James,

Thanks for the response. We are not using App layering with Unidesk product yet. I was planning to get Unidesk installed and setup but if that is the only way we can do it, then I have no other go but to go ahead with that option. But, I am using the depracated option when I installed and it is creating the vdisk. But, to my surprise I see several disks as shown in the diagram. Initially, I created a D drive and wanted the users to use it for installing or or storing there development files but now with Personal VDisk can I just have one large C drive say 120GB and then their Personal VDisk? As, the developers are looking for around 100GB space for their development files that each one of them can keep.

Any thoughts?

drivesin XD.JPG

6 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

UPL isn't tied to app layering (it's the brains of it without the need for it - all inbuilt into the VDA)

Yes, this is pretty much the use case.....single master image, then UPL used to capture changes into a dedicated disk attached per user and merged with changes

PVS will need a persistent drive for PVS cache etc, but you should avoid giving access to anyone else and putting anything user specific on there

Thanks James, but will it work with 71.5 LTSR CU1 PVS and Delivery Controllers as it says

Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1909 or later

Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA), version 1912

Citrix Provisioning, version 1909 or later

Windows File Share (SMB)

Windows 10 Enterprise x64, version 1607 or later