Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop 10 - IIS Install and Configuration

John Francis1709160537

Question

I am building a XenDesktop Image with Windows 10. I tried launching IIS manager with a logged on account that does not have admin privileges. It says I need to be an administrator. What happens when the developers who launch IIS on their desktops, do they have to run as and launch IIS on their virtual desktop to configure it? Also, when they create an App Pool, will it be creating in the system drive or will it create in the InetPub that is in D drive?

image.png.28da156e230a3f2d838515f2f98b4abd.png

8 answers to this question

On 2/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, James Kindon said:

MCS full clones would be ideal here, it will spin off a machine based on a master image, and assign it to the user. You will need to provide appropriate rights for the users on the machine, or have them runas to leverage admin tools (smarter)

But you would need a lot of storage for this right? As, I have 100GB for System drive and 100GB for D drive where the devolopers would like to store their files. So, it is a total of 200GB per machine and if I have to spin out 10 machines it will be like 2TB disk space would be needed?

On 2/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, John Francis1709160537 said:

But you would need a lot of storage for this right? As, I have 100GB for System drive and 100GB for D drive where the devolopers would like to store their files. So, it is a total of 200GB per machine and if I have to spin out 10 machines it will be like 2TB disk space would be needed?

On 2/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, James Kindon said:

MCS full clones would be ideal here, it will spin off a machine based on a master image, and assign it to the user. You will need to provide appropriate rights for the users on the machine, or have them runas to leverage admin tools (smarter)

Can they modify their system drive like the host file and install software in MCS? Is that possible or it is not possible if I take the MCS route?