Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Outlook Toast notification shows wrong photo when using WEM profile management

Andrew Sammut

Question

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that has been reported by users on an MCS pool of desktops, with profile management via WEM. In our organisation we have employee photos attached to our AD users. Occasionally, the toast notification of Outlook , and the Win10 side notification bar show a wrong photo (email sent by person A but notification shows photo of person B).

I tried removing "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook" from the exclusion list but this didn't make any difference.

Anyone came across this or can shed some light?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Same here.

First message, wrong photo - seconds message, wrong other photo - third message, wrong other other photo ...

Only in Windows Notification, Outlook message view is okay.

---

Citrix VDA 1912

Citrix Profilemanagment

Windows Server 2019

Outlook 2019

Did "Delete "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ActionCenterCache\*" at user-logon / -logoff or exclude directory over citrix upm." fix your issues with the incorrect photo in the notifications? I'm seeing similar and was going to look into it but didn't see a   full resolution post on it.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:36 AM, Andrew Sammut said:

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that has been reported by users on an MCS pool of desktops, with profile management via WEM. In our organisation we have employee photos attached to our AD users. Occasionally, the toast notification of Outlook , and the Win10 side notification bar show a wrong photo (email sent by person A but notification shows photo of person B).

I tried removing "AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook" from the exclusion list but this didn't make any difference.

Anyone came across this or can shed some light?

Thanks!

On 4/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, Craig Urquhart1709153790 said:

Going to implement this change today - our users have been pretty vocal about this. Should know if it's resolved by end of day.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Larry Bilbrey said:

Did "Delete "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ActionCenterCache\*" at user-logon / -logoff or exclude directory over citrix upm." fix your issues with the incorrect photo in the notifications? I'm seeing similar and was going to look into it but didn't see a   full resolution post on it.

Hello guys,

have you ever managed to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Zeno