Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to Mount NFS Share

Rob Randle

Question

I've searched this forum and while I found similar cases, I haven't found exactly one that relates to my specific "flavor" on the subject. I am currently still running XenServer 7.5.

Here are the details:

• What: Trying to establish a connection to an NFS Share that worked well before, for mounting ISO's to install future VM's with
  • Where: I have an NFS Share folder set up on one of my Windows Servers (VM hosted on another pool) and have set all the "trimmings" with allowing read/write access as root from every source on our network.
  • How: I have tried multiple ways to rejoin the NFS Share after the removal of the old one we set up, to start fresh
    • I have tried mounting within XenCenter but always get a "SM has thrown a generic python exception"
    • I have tried mounting manually through the CLI and get " mount point 129.65.138.9:/NFS_ISO_SHARE does not exist"
      • when using the command: mount -F nfs 129.65.138.9:/NFS_ISO_SHARE
    • AND when also mounting manually through the CLI I get "can't find 129.65.138.9:/NFS_ISO_SHARE in /etc/fstab"
      • when using the command: mount -t nfs 129.65.138.9:/NFS_ISO_SHARE
  • Why/What Now: Not sure what's going on but I also made sure that the firewall settings are set correctly on the server. I have also tried restarting the NFS server service on the server to no avail.

I know there are probably some ways to mount it differently that you super users can suggest. Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

You should be able to use showmount to make sure you can see the mountpoint of your 129.64.138.9 address.

Off the top of my head I think its showmount -e <ip address>.   When you add the SR of type NFS it will do all

of the mounting automatically.  

Can  you mount that NFS share from another client ?

--Alan--

On 1/30/2020 at 4:59 PM, Alan Lantz said:

You should be able to use showmount to make sure you can see the mountpoint of your 129.64.138.9 address.

Off the top of my head I think its showmount -e <ip address>.   When you add the SR of type NFS it will do all

of the mounting automatically.  

Can  you mount that NFS share from another client ?

--Alan--

Thanks Alan and sorry for the delayed response (busy busy quarter at the uni). For some magic reason, probably Windows being Windows, the share now works just fine. Perhaps through osmosis, you helped steer the connection in the right direction. :)