Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Reboot / Core Dump Cycle after upgrading HA pair from 12.1 55.13.nc to 55.18.nc

Hi all,

Experiencing a immediate core dump on VMWare when upgrading the first VPX in a HA pair from 12.1 55.13.nc to 55.18.nc on the secondary appliance. It's only possible to login to the secondary appliance when booting without network or when disconnecting the network of the primary. As soon as the secondary (55.13.nc) is able to contact the primary (55.18.nc) in any way it will coredump and reboot. If you disconnect the network for the primary appliance the secondary will run without issues. Secondary appliance is set to both STAYSECONDARY and hasync is set to disabled. The problem stops immediately when the 2nd appliance is also upgraded to 55.18.nc as well.

Regards

Hi Carl,

Nope no syslog. But AppFlow to MAS. Maybe that causes the bug, as AppFlow is repeatedly known for all kinds of issues throughout almost all releases. But since it's a production system and the secondary is now running stable on 55.18.nc as far as I can tell, I cannot test if that indeed would have been the issue.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this? We have had looping core dumps in two separate environments now upgrading to 55.18.

Advice from Citrix after the first one was:

"Crash has happened while clear config and in accessing the illegal memory.

This has hit one of the internal bug and fix is available in 12.1 56_1008 which is tentative to release by End of quarter 1st "

I am wondering if there is a workaround. No syslog/appflow in this case.