Welcome to our new Citrix community!

In-Place upgrade path

Mike1709156907

Question

I have an environment currently on XenDesktop 7.6.0.5029 (I believe this is LTSR with CU 6 version).

We're considering two options:

Option #1:  In-Place upgrade to 7.17 (to take advantage of the new watermark feature)

Option #2:  In-Place upgrade to 1912 LTSR version.

I have tried hard to find a relatively current document listing upgrade paths and what's supported to no avail. My two question are:

Is In-Place upgrading to either option #1 or option #2 above supported or at least did anyone go through it successfully?

As for StoreFront, I don't think it will be any issue, right? current SF is 3.0.1.56. We will end up on whatever SF version that comes with the ISO depending on which option we go with...

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I would probably upgrade the Controllers and StoreFront to the 7.15 Cumulative Update 5, and then upgrade from there to 1912 LTSR.

You can do VDAs any time. If you upgrade now, then you might need update to Citrix Policies to enable watermark. Or the setting will be available in Studio > Policies after you upgrade to 1912.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

I would probably upgrade the Controllers and StoreFront to the 7.15 Cumulative Update 5, and then upgrade from there to 1912 LTSR.

You can do VDAs any time. If you upgrade now, then you might need update to Citrix Policies to enable watermark. Or the setting will be available in Studio > Policies after you upgrade to 1912.

Would I be able to go to 7.17 directly or same story, first go to 7.15LTSR and then 7.17...? I know this may not be ideal current release version but I am curious...