Welcome to our new Citrix community!

iOS Workspace - Published IE hangs at close

Nick Hottinger

Question

We publish an IE page to our users to view our PACS images.  From their iPads / iPhones, they are able to launch Citrix Workspace, log in, and launch the IE published application.  When they are complete, they close the IE page (no logoff available in this application).  At that point, their session is hung at a black screen.  The published app never closes and they are not able to connect to the app again until I close it forcefully through Director or Studio.  There are lots of processes still running after they close, but the one that does successfuly close their session is "winlogon.exe".  We do not see this same issue when users launch the IE published app on a pc, only iOS devices.  

How do I force that to successfully close the session when they close IE?

2 answers to this question

On 1/29/2020 at 1:41 PM, Nick Hottinger said:

We publish an IE page to our users to view our PACS images.  From their iPads / iPhones, they are able to launch Citrix Workspace, log in, and launch the IE published application.  When they are complete, they close the IE page (no logoff available in this application).  At that point, their session is hung at a black screen.  The published app never closes and they are not able to connect to the app again until I close it forcefully through Director or Studio.  There are lots of processes still running after they close, but the one that does successfuly close their session is "winlogon.exe".  We do not see this same issue when users launch the IE published app on a pc, only iOS devices.  

Hi 

I think you can try session idle time x number of minute and logoff users.

Thanks 

Manoj

On 1/29/2020 at 2:41 PM, Nick Hottinger said:

Maybe this will help:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX891671

I added a few processes to this reg key, because they didn't end properly when closing the published app. such as Kaspersky Security service or other tools.

Regards, Cedy