Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NetScaler NS13.0: Build 47.24.nc, Date: Jan 20 2020, 06:11:41 (64-bit) / Authentication Server Error

Philipp Zenz

Hi,

we´ve updated our Netscaler to NS13.0.47-24. 

Since the upgrade we couldnt authenticate @ Authentication Server.

https://<authurl>/logon/LogonPoint/tmindex.html

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

We`ve changed nothing, just the patch.

I´ve also tested it in an other Test enviroment, same error.

Someone else got this problem?

I´m currently troubleshooting... maybe I´ll finde somthing,

Regards

Philipp

Update: 

I´ve found an error msg

httperror.log:[Fri Jan 24 11:41:13.730205 2020] [core:info] [pid 1013] [client 127.0.0.2:9643] AH00128: File does not exist: /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<Folder>/tmindex.html

But the file is located at "/var/netscaler/logon/LogonPoint/", I´ve checked it with our prod-Netscaler... there´s the file at the same location.
Anyone got an idea?

Hi Philipp,

I had a similar problem some weeks ago. I don´t know what happened but one morning the portal theme was not shown any more. I figured out, that one link from the Portal Theme to tmindex.html was missing. I fixed it this way:

1. Connect via WinSCP to all affected appliances

2. Change directory to /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<Your Portal Theme>

3. Rightclick -> New link

Link/shortcut file: tmindex.html

Point link/shortcut to: /var/netscaler/logon/LogonPoint//tmindex.html

Maybe it is not exactly your problem, but it helps you for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Jens

• Like 1

I have troubles with the patch too. Windows users get a: error 1013 failed to parse configuration. Version 47.22 did not have this issue. Mac clients still work.

UPDATE: update deleted some group bindings with intranet apps. :(

Edited by davy.priem
update

On 1/27/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jens Dellner said:

Hi Philipp,

I had a similar problem some weeks ago. I don´t know what happened but one morning the portal theme was not shown any more. I figured out, that one link from the Portal Theme to tmindex.html was missing. I fixed it this way:

1. Connect via WinSCP to all affected appliances

2. Change directory to /var/netscaler/logon/themes/<Your Portal Theme>

3. Rightclick -> New link

Link/shortcut file: tmindex.html

Point link/shortcut to: /var/netscaler/logon/LogonPoint//tmindex.html

Maybe it is not exactly your problem, but it helps you for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Jens

I ran into the same issue and above resolved it for me as well. Note that it should not be '//' before 'tmindex.html' but just 1 forward slash, ie /var/netscaler/logon/LogonPoint/tmindex.html. Also in my case it was 'index.html' that the link needed to point to and not 'tmindex.html' (depends on Theme type and whether it's AAA or VPN vServer, I believe).

Thanks Jens-Dellner.

I had the same issue and resolved it by re-creating the custom RfWebUI theme and applying the new theme.  This occurred with the previous build 13.0 47.22.  I did open a ticket with Citrix and said that was because I had some customization.  I do not think it was the case, but re-creating another portal theme was much easier.  Also, the default RfWebUI also worked when I tested by assigning to the gateway virtual server.