Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix workspace app for linux ver 1912 - Intermittent copy and paste

Keith Salustro

Question

Hi,
Using Citrix Workspace app ver 1912 on Ubuntu (Lubuntu) linux version 19.04 on an Asus Chromebox CN60.

The Citrix app is the latest, released Dec 12, 2019
I am using the x86_64 file from:
https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/linux/workspace-app-for-linux-latest.html

We are testing Linux on these chromeboxes for the first time, since Google won’t be issuing any more ChromeOS updates on them.

The boxes work well, but we are having one issue, which is that copy and paste works intermittently when logged into Citrix..
More specifically, the copy command does not always copy the selected contents into the clipboard.
This happens using either Ctrl+C or using the mouse doing Right click/Copy.

So for example, I open Word, and I create the text:
1111 2222 3333
Then I double click “1111” and hit Ctrl+C. Then I paste on a new line and I get “1111” as I should.
Then I double click “2222” and hit Ctrl+C. Then I paste again, but I still get “1111” again instead of the new text “2222” that I just copied. So, “2222” was never copied into the clipboard.

I did a test of 10 lines, copying and pasting 10 items, and this happens about 50% of the time.

I checked the local OS and did a bunch of cutting and pasting there, and it works fine.
So, this is something with the Citrix client.
Can anyone give me any ideas on what to check?
Thanks.

10 answers to this question

Same problem on Ubuntu 20.04 Workspace App 2006 connecting to Multi-OS VDA running CVAD 2006. Started on Workspace App 1912. Really annoying, worst is when you think it's in clipboard, find and switch to another window, paste only to see the old stuff gets populated, then move back to previous window, ctrl+c over and over, then switching back to where you wanted to paste.

• Like 1

Hi,

This looks similar, but it applies to Linux VDA and Windows client, so the other way around from your situation:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/395092-copy-and-pasting-from-local-windows-machine-to-linux-citrix-session-doesnt-work-correctly/

Nevertheless, you could have a look to see if it fixes things.

This might also be relevant, although it seems like the registry key applies to Windows client:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX112434

Best,

Koenraad

I have same issue. It is very annoying...

Note, I connect from my home Linux desktop Kubuntu 18.04.4 LTS to my work desktop which is Windows 10 Virtual Machine via Citrix.

Often, When I select text to copy, it just not copied to the clipboard buffer after I press "Cntrl+c".... To copy I have to press "Cntrl+c" twice or more times, just to be sure... 
Yes, I can see mentioned Linux FEA at Windows 10 VM (if I select text it is copied to windows clipboard) BUT I do expect if I press "Cntrl+c" it is also the case and text is in the clipboard.... So, if I press "Cntl+v" this text must be pasted but instead previous one is pasted.. It makes me tick sometime :)

This is really the defect and I do not know how to configure my citrix workspace on Linux or at VM as mentioned above in other posts... It does not work. I suggest to fix this defect as it just annoying and looks odd for me as a client. When user press "Cntrl+C" even once => selected text must be in the clipboard this is what expected nothing more...

56 minutes ago, Ryno Bosch said:

Same problem on Ubuntu 20.04 Workspace App 2006 connecting to Multi-OS VDA running CVAD 2006. Started on Workspace App 1912. Really annoying, worst is when you think it's in clipboard, find and switch to another window, paste only to see the old stuff gets populated, then move back to previous window, ctrl+c over and over, then switching back to where you wanted to paste.

Please "up vote" this problem to indicate it is important. It is done by click on ^ button next to the first post...

On 1/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, Koenraad Willems said:

Hi,

This looks similar, but it applies to Linux VDA and Windows client, so the other way around from your situation:

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/395092-copy-and-pasting-from-local-windows-machine-to-linux-citrix-session-doesnt-work-correctly/

Nevertheless, you could have a look to see if it fixes things.

This might also be relevant, although it seems like the registry key applies to Windows client:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX112434

Best,

Koenraad

Hi Koenraad,

the first link refers to an issue involving copy&paste between local and remote OS. As far as I can tell, this post concerns copy&paste both within the remote OS (i.e. MS Windows).
The second link gives a 404 error.

I'm not sure how relevant this is but I'm running Citrix Worspace on my raspberry pi 4. I had the exact same issue described by the original poster. I noticed there was a clipboard manager installed and running on the system, called ClipIt. I disabled and uninstalled (to be sure) this application and the problem went away. Maybe it was a coincidence but it was the only change I made and it resolved the issue.