Welcome to our new Citrix community!

What xe commands are needed to get vm info ready to past into spreadsheet columns

SCOTT FARWELL

Question

Is there a cleaner/better way to get basic VM info and put it in a spreadsheet rather than using something like the command below plus alot of manual manipulation ? and in the order that I want ?

"xe vm-list params=name-label,power-state,networks,os-version,VCPUs-max,memory-static-max,disks,PV-drivers-up-to-date,PV-drivers-version"

name-label ( RW)                            : 1600rtb7
                           power-state ( RO): running
                     memory-static-max ( RW): 3221225472
                             VCPUs-max ( RW): 2
                             os-version (MRO): name: CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core); uname: 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64; distro: centos; major: 7; minor: 2
                    PV-drivers-version (MRO): major: 7; minor: 1; micro: 50; build: 1
    PV-drivers-up-to-date ( RO) [DEPRECATED]: true
                                 disks (MRO):
                              networks (MRO): 0/ip: 10.10.40.13; 1/ip: 10.10.40.15

I have played with some other people's commands that grab the name and uuid but have been frustrated trying to adapt it for 9 or so fields with some also needing split in the output.

I was attempting to populate the following spreadsheet fields for 300+ VMS.

VM Name
Online/Offline status
IP Address
Host Server name
Hypervisor Host IP
Hypervisor Version
OS Type
OS Version
OS Bits
vCPUs
RAM GB
Disk(s)
Disk space in use
Xentools installed ?
Xentools version

8 answers to this question

Hi,

You can export resource data through XenCenter.

Have a look in the documentation, it is under "Export Resource Data":

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/legacy-archive/downloads/xencenter-7.6.pdf

You could also achieve it through xe commands, but you will need to look into linux commands like grep, sed, awk, cut, ... to manipulate the text so it is outputted the way you want it. 

A good introduction would be watching these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGxgaa94DO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPE0BHqN6t0

Best,

Koenraad

• Like 1

Export Resource Data is greyed out for me.

I am using Xenserver 7.2 unlicensed.

I know some major features were restricted starting with 7.3 for free/unlicensed customers but I wasn't aware of any features that were disabled in 7.2 free/unlicensed version.

While I'd love to upgrade to Xenserver 8.x commercially licensed it isn't in the cards for my test/dev/ environment especially with the workforce shrinking after being sold.

EDIT:

Doing some reading n the 6.5 xencenter pdf it showed that "Export Resource Data" was part of the Enterprise Edition which I assume must have the extra features and are not in 6.5 - 7.2 standard.

Edited by ne1scott
Did some additional reading