Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Xendesktop image does not come up after upgrading to Windows 10 build 1909

John Francis1709160537

Question

4 answers to this question

Your challenge is going to be not just the VDA (but in answer to your question, yes, you should definitely remove it first) but also the fact its a provisioned machine - i have never attempted a full blown version upgrade via maintenance mode versioning, everything gets touched, even the network stack so i think your best path would be:

1. Reverse image back to a VM

2. uninstall all Citrix components - then run through your upgrade

3. Reinstall all Citrix components on 1909

4. Convert back to a PVS image

• Like 1
11 hours ago, James Kindon said:

in place upgrades are not really wise - especially that big a jump. If you are going to do it, i would be stripping out all Citrix components before attempting the upgrade and check the known issues list for Windows 10 https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224843

James thanks. But it was already attempted. So, I rolled it back to the previous version. I knew that there was something with the 1909 and I checked this yesterday due to which I was going to update the VDA to 1909 and then try to update the Windows 10 build 1909 update. But, it looks like the OS does not boot up in maintenace mode. Ours is also 7.15 LTSR CU1 and I know that in the table it showed that you have to be in 1909 or 7.15 LTSR CU5 due to which I tried to update it to 1909. But, damn it is not get to the login screen.

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops/product-software/citrix-virtual-apps-and-desktops-1909.html

15 hours ago, James Kindon said:

in place upgrades are not really wise - especially that big a jump. If you are going to do it, i would be stripping out all Citrix components before attempting the upgrade and check the known issues list for Windows 10 https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX224843

James will it be best if I uninstall the existing 7.15 LTSR VDA and reinstall the 1909 VDA? Will that help me to upgrade it to 1909 build on Windows 10? As, I see my options to do the upgrade is only showing the MCS additional components and not like the options I see what Carl has provided. I am using PVS. I am wondering whether my install directly understands it is PVS and passes to the following screen. And I am hoping it does not upgrade the delivery controllers or even touch it and only does the Windows 10 desktop VDA?

image.thumb.png.6ad71c0807346631fc8d9968c511cf05.png

Carls options

image.thumb.png.d8c1d42cc35ffe963ea14db6df4d5edf.png